05 December 2022

Giving up on Windows Search

I went through a mountain of steps to try to reset and repair file indexing in Windows 10, none of which worked.  I still get a grey flash and then can’t type in file explorer.  I could upgrade to Windows 11 but I am not a fan and until I am forced I won’t be upgrading. 

I looked for free alternatives to Windows Explorer search.  The top recommendation I found was a product called One Commander (https://www.onecommander.com/) it’s free for personal use.  It take a little adjusting but I think it’s my new best friend when it comes to searching, at least for now.

Just in case anyone of you encountered this problem I thought I would share the solution I found.  It seems to work pretty well.  If you perhaps know of a fix for Windows 10 that I might not have tried feel free to leave it in the comments, if your solution resolves my problem I will give you a shout out.

Computers there great but only when they work correctly!

No comments: