06 December 2022

Reflection–Memory Lane

Yesterday I took some time to sift through all of the comments that have been left on my posts over the years.  I really miss my Canadian Friend Jude she was a regular commenter and we met many years back.  Unfortunately, she passed during the pandemic from something other than COVID.  I saw other comments from past folks who have been with me as well for years.  Then others that just started in the past couple years.  It was comforting and refreshing.  I can’t believe that I have been typing my heart out for so many years.  Here we are long after blogging really has gone out of fashion for the most part and I am still with it.  Social Media has well taken over from blogging but I like having my own platform being able to post what I want and not having to worry about character limits and while the whole world can find me, only the people that really care what I am typing are reading this and probably a few bots.  I miss the good old days of blogging when that was the only platform around other than My Space.  As my late grandfather would say “Time stands still for no man”.  There are times in your life when you get news that just knocks the wind out of you and it feels like time is standing still if only for a moment but in reality it’s still ticking away regardless if your here or not. 

Last night I thought I was done with work but apparently not.  I had to power up my laptop 2 different times.  The second time was the worst because my supper was interrupted by my bosses boss and it was an off the wall question but I got him what he needed.  Right in the middle of eating a piece of German Chocolate Cake which was the worst possible time for him to call.  I left my call forwarding on and that’s how he was able to reach me.  If I turn it off each day I don’t remember to turn it on until hours after my day has started if I remember at all.  However, I do have a note on my calendar to turn it off on Wednesday when I am done so I don’t get bothered on my days off.  I hate when that guy calls me it makes my skin crawl and his requests are always not easy to deal with.  Thankfully I was able to get rid of him pretty quickly last night, he had no idea I was at home much less eating.  He’s got no concept of time of day. 

I’m listening to our Annual Sexual Harassment training, boring.  It’s going to go for a full hour and then my day really gets going with other meetings and tasks.  The day should be done pretty quickly since I will be busy or so I hope. 

I woke up last night from Gator asking for food and I didn’t feel well.  It took me a bit to fall back asleep I sat up and watched some TV.  I am a little tired this morning and don’t feel the best but not bad enough to call it quits from work.  I’ve been thinking for a while that I am getting sick.  I feel bad one day and then another day I bounce back and am fine.  I would like to flush out what ever is lingering.  I had planned for my next COVID booster but really don’t want to get that since I think I might be getting sick.  I had also originally thought about the Singles Vaccine but not right now for either of these.  The COVID booster is my primary vaccine I’d like to get out of the way as soon as possible so that I have the additional protection since last year I started out the year with COVID.  That was no fun and I really don’t want to repeat it.  Of course being Winter time, colder temperatures germs are on the rise and that includes COVID cases.  Yuk.  Not to mention that people seem to be dropping dead at an alarming rate, granted mostly famous people but it seems like it happens more often when it’s cold outside. 

Speaking of the Gator, she made me feed her breakfast while she waited in bed for me.  I got my breakfast out of the way and got dressed and then fed her.  Duck was on the menu and she did a pretty good job gobbling that down.  I am pretty sure she is napping.  It’s was a super foggy morning, the day is supposed to be overcast and rain is in the forecast.  Not exactly a great looking day.  I suspect that she will sleep for the bulk of the day.  Kind of wish I could join her. 

Other than that it’s just putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward.  Glad tomorrow is my Friday, quitting time can’t come fast enough.  I so look forward to disconnecting.  Unfortunately, when I return I will be back on-call but on the bright side it’s the last time this year.  Then we start all over again come January. 

Hope you have a good day, stay warm and are well.  Talk with you all again soon.  Thanks for stopping by.   

No comments: