05 December 2022

? Quiet Monday

Hi – Thus far it’s a quiet Monday.  I had something come in over the weekend that could wait for this morning and I planned on taking care of it but someone beat me to the punch.  I’ve tended to all of my normal tasks for a Monday morning.  Now it’s time to occupy myself and stay awake.  I’ve checked my new hard drive and it seems to be holding data.  I’ve got 2 large folders to move over to complete part of the project.  They folders where I have to go back and sort & filter as I like to sort by site before I place scenes in a library.  However, the library is what is missing right now and I am waiting for my data backup provider to ship the damn drive already.  Once I move these folders over I can essentially format the drive the data has been moved from.  What prompted this was the fact that the drive that I was using was slowly running out of space plus it randomly disappears and I have to add it back, there is no rhyme or reason and I have to police it.  There are times when it will stay put for a while and then there are times when it disappears more often.  The solution that I have come up with according to on-line references is to format the drive.  I honestly don’t see how that will help but perhaps giving it a new drive letter and a fresh start will be just what the doctor ordered. 

A new computer issues I am dealing with that I have opted to take time to try to resolve.  Is that when I pull up a drive I go to the search panel to say look for a file and I see a flash of grey and I can’t type.  I’ve tried a few things thus far but nothing seems to have helped.  I plan to research this a bit more this morning and perhaps find a fix.  This is something that I use often especially with porn if I think I have a scene and don’t want to download a duplicate I can do a search by scene name or performer and find out pretty fast if I have it.  This all stopped working a couple months ago and I just never took time to deal with it. 

As I had suspected in my post yesterday things worked out for me last night.  There was a new scene released with Justin Matthews who is one of many of my favorite porn performers and watching him on screen seemed to do the trick.  Once the mess was cleaned up I was able to enjoy what was left of my evening. 

I got to cuddle with Gator or she cuddled with me and I watched the latest episode of The White Lotus.  That pretty well took care of the evening.  I believe I was watching YouTube videos when Gator opted to get up because she wanted food.  I had to fetch her something from the kitchen and when I came back to my room I just called it and went to bed.  I was watching something and just called it, turned the TV off and white noise on.  Gator was snuggled up in her bed and we called it a night.  That only lasted for a few hours until the little furry monster got hungry and woke me up at 2a.  I was able to feed her and go back to bed.  She woke me one additional time I think maybe 4a but not sure and I gave her more food, that did the trick.  I had some odd dreams but nothing like I had on Saturday night.  I woke up a few minutes before the alarm was going to sound and just rolled out of bed. 

Gator was in her bed on the couch waiting for me.  I said my good morning to her and waved as I went to the bathroom.  She began her morning cry of feed me, don’t forget about me, I am hungry, remember your baby, please feed me.  As I made my way to the kitchen she kept her crying going and I got her food ready.  She was on the floor by the time I was ready to give her the plate and she went to town.  Then she had to have some water.  Meanwhile I was taking care of making my own breakfast and eating.  I went to get dressed and she is usually back on the couch but this morning she hung out by the fountain a bit longer  I eventually coaxed her into the living room where I had to pet her and she ate some more food.  Then I told her I was headed to work and she was trying to go to sleep.  I know that she will hightail it into my room she likes the dark and it’s warmer in there.  That’s where I expect to find her when I go up next. 

It’s a bit warmer here today but still on the cold side.  Very little sunshine here today.  I also found out the good news that it will be raining on Thursday when I have to head to the doctor.  I hate driving in the rain regardless if it’s in daylight or at night time.  Mostly because it can be difficult to see and people think they are super human and do all sorts of stupid things.  I also don’t like getting wet.  I mean I take a shower at home for a reason.  Ah well, I guess it could always be worse.  Gator looks forward to and takes advantage of the sun setting the light comes beaming into the living room and she just lays in her bed soaking up the rays.  I enjoy watching her bask in the sun and just ham it up.  There are times when she thinks I am in charge of the sunshine and I have to tell her that’s not my area.  I can provide light but not sunlight. 

There you have it my Sunday evening and Monday thus far.  Now on to battle with the computer gremlins while keeping an eye on things at work.  One meeting this afternoon after lunch but the morning unless something happens is wide open and free.  I do hope that it will stay quiet. 

One thing I got excited about yesterday was the fact that my Dyson attachments fit my new Shark Vacuum.  I had purchased a tool to help keep the dryer lint free and was able to use it yesterday, it worked wonders.  I was super surprised that it fit.  So that’s a plus. 

Have a great Monday and stay warm & well. 

No comments: