I received an email from a shipping carrier and it indicates that I am getting a package tomorrow, a signature is required. Based on the shippers name I did some quick googling and it appears to be a local crematorium. I think Gator is coming home. If it’s not that then I have no idea what in the world I am getting. Normally cremains are sent to the vet and then they call me, no one told me that anything had changed at the time I parted ways with her. It’s kind of bad timing because we have a Wicked Storm coming our way and tomorrow the roads will be horrible or so the media is saying. I hope that if this is Gator that she arrives home tomorrow. I checked my calendar at work and there isn’t much going on, since a signature is required, the driver should ring the doorbell. I will be anxiously waiting. The place is close enough if they called, I could just drive there today, I would kind of much prefer that to taking a chance in placing cremains into any shipping stream regardless of the carrier. It’s a loved one and it’s the most important package ever. I’m sure cremains are shipped all the time but that doesn’t comfort me any.
Presuming again that this will be her, I don’t think I am going to take it very well but then again, I might surprise myself. The sooner the driver gets here the better so the mystery will be removed. I’ve been wondering when the vet is going to call but thus far haven’t heard anything. I’m sure if their provider sends the cremains to me that will screw things up on their end but I honestly don’t care, just get me what’s left of my little girl.
It's a boring ass day otherwise. I did take a nap and the phone spazzed out on me, just as I figured. I need a phone that doesn’t have eyes in it. I went to a dumb meeting where the boss blabbered on with much to do about nothing and it was a complete waste of time. I’ve got my monthly check in with him that is coming up and I am sure that he won’t have much for me, likewise. Another dumb ass phone call that is nothing more than a waste of time. I’d sooner do most anything else. My co-worker that I broke the ice with earlier in the week, hasn’t been chatting me up. He is flying low. I did call him because I had a question, we kept the conversation focused on business and once he answered my question we were done. There is no doubt that things changed between us, I still don’t get why he didn’t just push his feelings aside and at least do the minimum of sending a quick note to say sorry for your loss. I’m still waiting for him to utter those words and honestly, I don’t think it will happen.
That’s about it. I’ve got the final bit of data (porn) copying here on my machine from one drive to another. Once everything has been moved, I plan to format the old drive and see if it stops randomly disappearing, I will probably also change the drive letter but don’t know if that will help. If I can solve this problem then I’ve got another drive to use and plenty of space. It’s a trustworthy drive it’s just annoying as fuck to sit down to watch something upstairs and it won’t play only to find out that it’s because the drive mapping was lost.
Stay warm, I am waiting for this dumb phone call. Then the day will soon be over and I can go watch TV and will probably involuntarily fall asleep. My muscle ache and I am beyond exhausted. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment