I am so glad today is Friday. It’s been a really long week. Last night I worked with a vendor that was supposed to call me in the morning. Turns out that call didn’t come in until 4p and he worked until 8p. That made for a very long day for me. I was so happy when I finally got to shutdown!
Today has started off a little slow but I have already had an urgent request. It was due to failure on the part of the person making the request so of course I was supposed to drop everything and make it an emergency on my end. They asked for the moon and I did the bare minimum. Another thing I caught was a mistake that a colleague made, trivial but none the less it cause me a little bit of a headache.
The light bulb on my desk burned out finally after something like 3 years. It was a florescent bulb that behaved like a traditional light bulb and I didn’t realize the brightness I got from it. I went to replace it with a regular bulb and damn it’s dim now. I will get used to it eventually but just not happy.
Gave away some money this morning by paying bills. Never a fun task. I had some difficulty with the banks websites as well as my own money software. Perhaps it’s a sign that I shouldn’t be working today. If only I could just take the day off but sadly I’ve got a couple things in the hopper that require my attention.
Got another mouse last night and of course I found that out this morning. Maybe they will all migrate to the basement hit the traps and this nightmare will be over with. I don’t know that I will be that lucky but the heat I think is causing them some stress, which is fine by me. I just want them gone and never to return.
I heard some odd noises and went up to investigate. Turns out a neighbor is having tree work done. In the process Gator managed to wake up and I got conned into feeding her a mid-morning snack. She got fluids last night. She got some food just before bed and didn’t bother me until 5a this morning. I was able to stall for an hour and a half and then had to get up because she just wouldn’t be quiet for anything.
Thinking of pizza for Saturday at a local place, I can incorporate that with my trip to the post office. I really need to get to Sam’s so maybe that will happen as well. It’s just really hot outside and there isn’t any relief in the forecast thus far.
I watched a series on Paramount last night called Missing, never heard from again. There are multiple episodes. Like the title implies it’s about people who go missing and are never heard from again. These are all recent with in the last couple years. Very strange circumstances. The first episode is about a Florida Deputy that comes in contact with 2 people within 6 months of each other and magically they both disappear. It’s pretty clear that he murdered them but it’s all circumstantial – there are no bodies and no concrete evidence to convict him. It is compelling TV that I found quite interesting. Between the vendor I was working with that the TV that occupied my evening.
I am anxious to kick off tonight to relaxation city. Doing what I want with not having to worry about waking up early or work. Next week is my turn on-call so I will need to soak up this weekend. You never know what lies ahead but I do hope it’s not too eventful.
Here’s hoping we all have a nice weekend. Lots of sleep, fluids and some good food. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment