I watched the movie Jerry & Marge Go Large on Paramount + yesterday afternoon. It was really good and quite interesting. I kind of wish that I new how to play the lottery just to win big one time, that would be enough for me. It’s a great story and Bryan Cranston does a very good job.
Yesterday also kept with the theme of the week where the morning was absolutely calm and nothing was brewing. Then just after lunch everything caught fire and I felt like I was running with my hair on fire. That only lasted for a couple hours and then everything just ground to a halt for no reason. That’s when I opted to push myself away from this box with screens and go see my girl and find something else to do that was me related.
When I went up Gator was passed out hard in my room. I gathered up the trash that needed to go out and was quiet as I could be. I got it out and came back inside. She never woke up or was disturbed once. I turned on the TV in the living room. I was watching movie trailers to find something to settle into. Once the movie started she woke up and came out screaming. That was to let me know she was awake and wanted food. I got her some, she ate a bit. Then came to the couch and made me go back and get the plate so she could finish while being comfy in her bed. She eventually went back to sleep.
I got some Chicken, Broccoli and Pasta for supper. When I was returning to the couch I noticed a small spider on the pillow I was sitting on. I tried to kill it but the damn thing moved so fast. I threw the pillow on the ground and then was able to stomp it to death. Spiders are one of the small insects that can do major damage to a cat if bitten. I was wondering if that is why perhaps Gator was feeling bad earlier in the week. I searched for more of those damn thing but thankfully wasn’t able to find any of them. I only see them on occasion. I made sure that Gator got at least a 1/2 dose of fluids. She seems a little bit more perky this morning.
When bed time rolled around. Gator was stuck at her water fountain which seems to be the theme. I think she wants to watch for her friends (the Raccoon Family) and uses that as a guise. It’s fine by me. So long as they are outside and she is inside safe. Eventually she made her way to my room, just about the time my sleeping meds were kicking in. I gave her about an hour in my lap. I was dosing in and out. I got tired of that and I had to go to bed. Of course I hit the bed and I was wide awake for a short bit. She was a good girl and curled all up in her bed.
I got about 2 hours worth of sleep when she started screaming that she was hungry. Damn. I got up and fed her then back to bed. She let me sleep for a while longer and then started screaming again. I got another can of food, powered up the extra White Noise machine and went back to bed. She started screaming at 6a when the trash people were making their rounds. Oh joy! I eventually gave up and got up. Fed her and had breakfast. We had a little bit of time together before I had to head down.
I’ve done all of my morning tasks. We have a BS meeting this morning in a couple hours with boss man about a task he doled out yesterday, that most of us have already completed. He will be gone on vacation shortly after this meeting so unless there is some emergency I think it will be a quiet day. I’ve got work do to after hours but it’s minor and I could easily get away with putting it off until tomorrow. However, I will get it done today so that it’s not hanging over my head and I can enjoy the weekend or at least try to.
Still hot and steamy weather here. Looks like rain on Sunday now instead of Saturday. We cool down a bit over the weekend but go right back into the furnace next week. I hear the Cicadas which means Fall is on it’s way. Darker sooner and colder temperatures but we are a couple months out. The Cicadas always give advanced warning. I am looking forward to a little cooler weather where the AC isn’t required and the power bill can get a break as well as the equipment in my home. I like natural comfort where it’s not too hot or too cold and you don’t need to do a thing to maintain the temperature, that’s my ideal weather but we don’t get too many days like that.
Not sure what I will manage to stumble on to watch this weekend but hopefully I can find something good. As well as get in some quality sleep. Here’s hoping for a great weekend for all of us. Based on how quiet thing are I think today is going to be one of those days that drag on but each second brings us closer to quitting time no matter how far off it is, eventually it will be here. Hope your day isn’t as super slow as mine seems to be. Talk with you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment