Yesterday is done and today awaits. None of the people I wanted to see were in the office yesterday. I ran into one of the gossips that I have a rapport with and we haven’t seen each other in two years. It was nice to catch up but I kind of wish I didn’t say some of the things I mentioned. It didn’t phase me at the time but after the fact, looking back is when I realized it. Not much I can do about that now.
Were in another excessive heat warning and it will be here for a few days. That’s time for me to stay indoors with the AC. Oddly enough my office wasn’t freezing cold as it has been in weeks past. It was comfortable but I wasn’t freezing. I sure felt the difference when I stepped outside though. Yuk.
I left a little earlier than normal to get home because I didn’t take a lunch and had nothing to do. Gator was kind of pleased about that she got an extra half hour of me that she otherwise wouldn’t have had. She slept the day away, each time I looked in on her she was snoozing on the couch. She did manage to eat some of the food I left for her. I gave her a dose of fluids last night because she started going through multiple cans of food when I got home. It was difficult at best to watch TV or even to try to browse on my phone. After the fluids she returned to the couch and we had some interaction but she was out. She also spent the night on the couch, not bothering to come see me in my room. I’m not a fan of that. I mean there are times when I would like to be alone but I actually look forward to what is our normal bedtime ritual. I guess it’s gotten old to her. I’ve though of carrying her in my room but I really don’t want to get scratched up but I may give that a go tonight.
I woke up early this morning for some reason. She let me sleep all night long with out an interruption, which is unusual. I am starting to become slightly concerned with the changes in her behavior. It’s kind of like the pre show where she is getting ready to check out on me. I’m not ready for that just yet, nor do I know that I will ever be. I try to spend as much time with her as I can and give her all of the attention I can muster up. I know she appreciates it but I am hoping to not only show her that she is loved but to help keep her mood up and give her a reason to keep on keeping on. Perhaps I am reading too much into it and just on edge because it’s my last greatest fear that I know will eventually materialize.
3 meetings at work, one will be in a half hour and all involve the boss. Unless something else unforeseen happens that is the worst thing I have to look forward to. It’s kind of an easy day but I don’t want to say that too loud. I was able to put the final touches on my laptop last night. There was some final customization I wanted. It was set to power on when the lid was open but I would rather press the power button. I also like to have the keyboard illuminate, I know that takes battery power but it sure helps if your working in dim lighting which can occasionally be the case when I am on the couch with Gator. I like the smaller form factor for ease of transport but do wish the screen was much larger because my eyes are old.
Saw the movie Jarhead over the weekend and last night I found there was a Jarhead 2. It wasn’t quite the same and not nearly as enjoyable but still I can say I watched it. I am sure I will find another movie to get interested in tonight. Nothing on TV but Jeopardy at the moment and I can watch those back to back when I want. UPS should be dropping off more sleeping meds for me today. That’s about it at the moment. Playing catch up on some laundry and plan on taking it as easy as possible today.
My back is in a little bit better shape. I am still using the Pure Wave and find that it has helped but I honestly think a good nights sleep and some short time away from the keyboard have aided as well. Upper Back pain has plagued me since I was in my 20’s it used to come and go but now it comes and never wants to leave for a long period of time. I am trying to change that because obviously you can do more and feel better when your not in pain.
Hope your having a great week thus far considering were in the middle of the week and it still feels like Tuesday to me. Friday isn’t so far away! Stay cool and be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment