Yesterday was a normal day for Gator & I. She started an uptick in her appetite in the early afternoon. She sounded kind of congested which she does from time to time. I broke out my mom’s stethoscope and couldn’t hear a whole lot the first time because that purr motor was running on high. I got her to relax a little bit and turn the motor off. I heard some wheezing and what sounded to me like crackling. My concern was fluid retention in the lungs from CHF like her mom had. However, she has no labored breathing, no swollen extremities and is was acting pretty much normal, other than plowing through cans of food – some full and most were partial before she dismissed them and demanded something new. Worried? Yeah I was.
I placed my first Chewy order and it was not cheap, so I looked at Gator and told her she can’t die I just spent a small fortune on food. There is some new stuff and I am eager for her to try it. I didn’t setup anything recurring just a 1 time order and we will go from there.
Gator got her water just before bed. I was finally able to clean out her bed and man was it dirty. A small dust buster got a giant fur roll out of that little space. As I was emptying it I noticed that Gator was watching the Racoons. I was talking and got a little loud, they heard that and scattered. I went back to my normal routine and eventually I came back, they all came out. Looks like there was 1 baby missing. They all scampered off with Mom to go hunting. It was the cutest thing.
I eventually wound up in my chair watching TV and waiting for Gator. She came in her own time. She wanted of course food. I opened a fresh can and put that in front of her but then she wanted nothing to do with it. She came in and sat in my lap and passed out. I hated to wake her but needed to get to bed after we were together for about 30 minutes. I got her back on the floor and moved the food over towards her. She was all stretched out on the floor and relaxing. I went for a belly rub and that upset her, which it normally doesn’t. She eventually curled up in her own bed and I went to sleep. I think she senses my fear that I am going to loose her and she capitalizes on that. I mean she had me surfing the net doing research.
I told her a couple times that I was going into the office today. I think she fully understands what I am saying and isn’t hip to the idea. I mean I am not really hip to it myself but it is enjoyable for 1 day out of the week. It takes a little extra effort and energy on my part to make it happen. Part of that is ensuring that I get a good nights sleep. Well that went to hell in a handbasket. Gator made sure to wake me every couple hours. She also stayed in my room for a good portion of the night and even woke me up early this morning from her bed. I actually feel fine now but I was quite groggy and didn’t want to chance anything so I stayed home. I think the princess is happy that she defeated me in my attempt to escape for the day.
I would go in tomorrow (Wednesday) but that is when her food is scheduled to be delivered. Yeah it will keep but I just as soon take it in as soon as it arrives. I might go in Thursday (if I really feel the need) but most likely I will skip it for this week. Next week for sure I will be in, unless she pulls the same crap. I am not happy about not going in, because I know that there is the possibility that this will blow up in my face since I am really not up to par with what the requirements are for going in. I am home more than I am in mainly for Gator’s sake but also because there really isn’t anything I can’t do from home and I think it is utter stupidity to require anyone to go to a physical office when that is the case. I see both sides of the coin but I am partial to the worker and not to the company.
That little ball of fur sure does toy with my emotions and causes me all sorts of worry, time and money but at the end of the day she is my world and I really don’t want to live without her. I know it’s possible because I was living before she was born. Eventually our time will come to an end and that right now is my greatest fear. I worry for me and how I will cope & deal with it. Each cat that I have lost has hurt slightly differently but with Gator being the last one of the bunch it’s going to feel the worst and it’s something that I want to keep at bay for as long as possible, so long as she is comfortable and has quality of life. If her health declines to the point where her quality of life isn’t there, I am not going to keep her around just for my sake but I know I will want to.
Apologies for the depressing post but damn that little furry girl knows how to play with my heart. She is way smarter than I know. I really feel this whole thing was orchestrated because she didn’t want me to go in but that could also just be a coincidence.
Guess I should get some actual work done. It’s meeting day and once that is done unless something else comes along my day will be done early in the afternoon. Hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment