01 July 2022

Fire Friday

Today has been nothing short of small fires cropping up everywhere and I feel as if I am using a faucet instead of a fire hose to put them out.  Last minute notifications of people starting on Tuesday.  Yesterday I got last minute notice on a person leaving today.  Then lump in my colleagues issues with his work and people asking me questions about what he did or didn’t do and I have to speak to that since he isn’t around.  I’ve indeed given the boss more content to share when they talk next.  The more I have to deal with his silly bullshit the more unglued and intolerant I become.  Stupidity is one of the quickest ways to raise my blood pressure in a negative way.  I just see red and get mad.  I am hoping that today will calm down a bit and I will get to take a break, like I am now. 

Yesterday the Amazon person finally got to my delivery at 6p.  He sat in his van parked on the street for 15 minutes before he finally walked up to the door.  I also don’t know who did the packaging but they need to learn how to use a tape gun.  This was by no means packaged professionally.  Anyway, I had to charge the massage unit for 1 full hour.  Then I was able to get to work.  I followed instructions and used the air cushion attachment first and the moved on to the others.  There is some get up and go to this thing.  I wouldn’t say it feels amazing but I can see where it can make a difference to break up a knot or help some sore muscles.  I used it off and on for the course of an hour.  I felt the blood moving everywhere I put it – back and arms is what I concentrated on.  I woke up a little sore this morning, but I was expecting that.  I am still very much in an evaluation period but thus far I like what I feel. 

Gator was eager to see me this morning, since she slept by herself and polished off the one can of food that was left out for her.  I heard her in the middle of the night but the white noise helped to filter her out and I was able to get back to sleeping.  Another night of strange dreams and thankfully they are a bit fuzzy to me now.  I woke up feeling okay and started the morning a half hour early.  It was actually an hour but I spent the first half of it in bed relaxing. 

I got to spend some extra time with Gator this morning and she was happy about that but it is never enough time for her.  I wasn’t down stairs for 10 minutes and she started crying for me to come up.  I was dealing with work so my mind was focused on other things.  I eventually was able to take a short break and get her a snack.  Her appetite is pretty healthy today.  It feels much more to me like I am feeding a worm than a cat.  I hope that calms down as the day wears on.  She’s had some water as well.  Not sure how much she drank but she got herself wet. 

Last night I started on Season 2 of The Upshaw's.  It’s a series on Netflix with Wanda Sykes.  It’s mildly entertaining and I needed to fill a content void, which is oddly how I got into the first season of the show.  For me it’s just a way to pass time I can’t say that I totally enjoy it but I also don’t totally hate it. 

Managed to fall asleep pretty quickly.  Heard from my friends and as of now it looks like were getting together but sadly it will be late in the afternoon on Monday and I will have to dine and dash.  I’m sure nothing will be ready on time as it never is but I can still hope.  There is a small chance of a cancellation.  If that happens so be it.  I know I won’t go hungry. 

Got my reminder this morning about my shot tomorrow, I really want to move that out.  I saw an article yesterday that said a lot of people my age or even slightly younger only have 1 shot and not many people are opting in for the 3rd and 4th shots.  I get it’s a personal choice.  For me I’ve been vaxed against so many things as a kid and the same for my brother.  Oddly neither one of us was wild about the second shot.  He didn’t really want the first one but I was all for that.  I do think that as a country we are slowly emerging from the woods on COVID but by no means are we 100% safe and the pandemic is still very much on-going but lots of people have their blinders on and want to play make believe.  As for me I won’t like it but I will take my shot and move on.  It is quite interesting how quickly a vaccine was available for COVID and I think if we had different leadership it would have been available to everyone a bit sooner but hey that’s something we will never truly know for sure. 

Rain is on the way this afternoon and through most of the weekend there is a chance for showers.  No sense in gutter cleaning or house washing this weekend, even though it would be ideal.  I will rest and stay cool on Saturday morning.  Going for the shot in the afternoon and if all goes well Pizza afterwards.  Sunday I have a built in day of rest if I need it.  If I am feeling okay then I will mosey out to the grocery store, if not then it will be a Monday thing.  Monday nothing outside of getting together with my friends is planned.  I will be headed back to the office on Tuesday and really not looking forward to that but am kind of interested in seeing my new laptop. 

That’s all I got for now.  Hope you have a fantastic weekend, get to rest and see some fireworks.  Stay cool and be well. 

No comments: