Good Morning … Back to Munday. Tough to get out of bed this morning and start the day just because it’s the start of a new week. Last Monday at this time I was KO from my wild night out on Sunday watching Top Gun 2. My how things can change in a week.
Got to spend more time with Gator and she came to bed with me, even passed out in her own bed in my room for a while. She would wake up while I was watching TV past my normal time and cry out for me to turn off the TV. Once I did it was pure silence until around 4a when she tried to wake me. It worked but I just faked snoring and eventually lulled myself back to sleep. She got frustrated and returned to the couch. There was plenty of food out for her to eat but I honestly think she likes to see me jump and cater to her. We did that dance last night over two cans of food. She liked the second one for a while but then decided she was done with it. She asked for more food and I went back to the first can instead of opening a fresh can. With her food difficult to find I am really not in the mood to waste any of it. I am already at the point where I think I might have to make a trip out this week for food. I will certainly try not to have to do that.
Nothing really noteworthy happened last night. I had Frozen Lasagna for supper and it was good. Tried some Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream from Turkey Hill. My friend loves it and I learned my friend has no taste. It is a watered down chocolate taste and I don’t like that. I asked about Bryer’s and was told I don’t like that. Well that is the good stuff in my opinion. Now I am stuck with this half gallon of crap that I thought would taste good.
On the work front, I had two meetings today and one of them has already been pushed to tomorrow. Now after my meeting at 10a I am essentially done for the day unless something pops. Tomorrow will be a trip into the office and 3 meetings. Ugh. At least it’s only one day. I will of course be concerned about Gator but she will likely sleep it all away, which is what I wish I could do. We still have yet to hear anything about pay raises and that communication is due soon. The first pay day of the month is approaching but pay raise communication has historically been late or delayed. It’s usually given to us retroactive once we learn of our new salary amounts but it’s like there is no hurry to give away the money. In one way I understand that and in another being timely helps foster better employer/employee relations in my opinion. Once that news does finally leak out I suspect that there will be more people leaving because they aren’t happy. I’ve had my eye out only one job recently appealed to me but it would be a serious cut in pay and it’s all in person work. With those two factors in mind I quickly scratched that off my list. Money is the only reason why I work. Fringe benefits or benefits in general are nice but it’s the money that keeps me where I am. in a few weeks I will celebrate 8 years at this place. That is the longest I have ever worked at one job. When I found this job I kind of thought that it would be my last and that looks like it will be the case, as the older I get the harder it will be for me to change jobs. Not that it’s impossible but there are comforts and liberties that I have that also make me reconsider for those times when I want to leave. If I found a place that would either match or exceed my salary I would seriously consider leaving.
Speaking of work I peeked at my Social Security and it looks like I will get the most money if I stay working until age 70, that’s another 20 years. I am tired today I can only imagine in 20 years what I will feel like. I don’t know that I will live that long but considering that I don’t have good luck, I probably will. Getting by then will probably be very difficult. I totally understand why retirement planning is so important but not something you really want to hear when your young. I’ve got money in the market but considering that the market could go belly up anytime that is not exactly comforting news right now.
That’s all my ramblings for the day at the moment. I hope that it is a quiet and peaceful start to the week ahead for all of us. Not only does the world need peace but a nap and some rest I think would go a long way for all of us. Cheers for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment