Yesterday was the big day. I sat through the rehearsal of the presentation and then sat through the actual presentation. I could have left early but saw a lot of Management there and felt that it was better to stay put. Plus if something would have went wrong I would have been there. I did fall asleep for a minute but woke up and managed to stay awake. They went over which wasn’t a surprise. By the time I got to my car it was a little after my normal quitting time. I wound up taking a different route home than I had wanted to but still it got me there. I arrived around 6:45. Perfect time for comedy Wednesday. I made or should I say I heated up Tortellini Margherita by Bertolli. It was really good, but I could have done two of them. I splurged last night and ate a pint, yup whole pint of Cherry’s Garcia. It was a great supper, I got some cuddle time in with Insty who is a pain in the ass. Your holding her and she is crying because she wants even more attention. There is only so much that I can give. If she sees me paying attention to another cat she really spazzes out. She loves to jump in the middle of her mother and sister when I am giving attention to either of them. I call Ruthie for supper and Insty just looks at me and says hello I’m here. I say yup I know but your not Ruthie. Bonus yesterday I got an Undergear catalog in the mail. Lots of good looking guys in there. I also reached out to a couple of ‘impossibles’ on Grindr. I call them impossible because I know they won’t be interested in me and thus far I am right. Still feels good to send them a message, at least they know I exist. My subscription expires today for Grindr. I am interested to see if I can or will be able to sign on using the free app. I couldn’t once I subscribed and that makes sense. However, with an expired subscription well you’d think that it would let me in Time will tell.
Today well it started off with a blunder I made yesterday. I deleted someone’s computer out of the network and they couldn’t work today. Oops wrong machine. I spent at least 30 minutes trying to put that mess back together. Finally success and all is well! I kind of feel like a chicken running at 100mph. Go here do this, go there and do that, meanwhile stop by and see this person or wait for a call from another person. Kind of like a who’s on first routine.
Last year I alerted the auto workers union that my partner had passed away. I asked them if there were any benefits that I was entitled to and never received a response. I sent this letter because they had sent a fund raising letter to my late partner asking for money. Apparently they do it a couple times a year. I saw that he was listed on their deceased member page on their website so I figured I wouldn’t hear any more from them. Nope, they had the balls to send another letter and I could tell it was asking for money. I sent it back to them marked Deceased Return To Sender. Hopefully, now they get the picture. I don’t understand why incompetence on that level exists. It’s like going to McDonald’s handing the cashier a $20 bill for a $10 meal and them looking at you and saying help yourself to some change.
Next Thursday at this time life will be way different Relaxing and waiting for the right time to get dressed and put on my bow tie. I am sure no one will expect it and that is kind of the point. Plus I hope to be able to deliver a copy of my book, that is if the proofs come in. While I think there is a good chance I am not 100% certain. I am still waiting on a shipping confirmation e-mail and that will no doubt answer the question.
Lucky is getting low on her Thyroid medicine plus she is still chewing on herself. I wanted to take her to the vet over the weekend but they only have 2 docs that I don’t like working. So I am waiting until next Friday and will take her then. She will need blood work and more Thyroid medicine The vet visit will probably be around $200 and the medicine $42. The next one due after her is Marvin and he won’t be a happy guy I might double up and make a 2nd appointment for him but right now I am managing him okay with his old medicine.
I went to shave last night and I normally use a blade but I decided to whip out my electric razor for speed and convenience sake. The damn thing is dead. I jump started it by plugging it in to AC, but it sits in a charging cradle all day long, so that it’s ready when I am. Not this time. It is around 4 years old so probably time to look at a replacement. My Oral B toothbrush went out as well and it’s way older than 4 years. Thankfully I have my late partners Sonicare but still I like the Oral B. It is just not a good time right now to replace these items. It’s not like I can’t get by w/o them because I have been. However, when I want or need something, it’s very hard to tell myself no. Part of that is no doubt due to my upbringing in that most but not all of the time I wanted something, I just uttered the word and poof it appeared.
This afternoon I have a Video Conference to sit through and I have a very strong feeling that I am going to fall asleep. When someone drones on about something that I am not interested in, my body naturally lulls its self to sleep. It’s nice because you can skip all of the BS but if your caught well it can cause some issues. Thus far I have been really lucky, hopefully no one will notice.
It is business as normal for today. I am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday, not sure yet if I am going to try to stop in for pet food on Friday night after work or if I will take my chances on Saturday. I’d like to see the guy that I made a connection with, so that I can hopefully give him my number. It would be nice even if I just made a friend, but I am honestly hoping for something more. That is only something that time will be able to tell.
This year has really flown by and it’s been a very eventful year. I think after almost 2 years I have managed to make the emotional rollercoaster ride from hell that I have been trapped on, slow down a bit. There is more positive to look forward to. Making the move with the house was just the first part. I am so very thankful that I have a job that pays me a decent wage to make all of the many things I need in life possible. I am eager to get out of credit card debt, but unsure how long it will take. Unforeseen expenses don’t help, but I know they are apart of life. Just when all is right with the world, out of left field something comes at you and chances are pretty good before you recover from the shock something else hits. All just a part of the game of life.
So for the upcoming weekend no real plans, just the usual stuff. I am looking forward to sleeping in and getting in a nap, both are nice for a weekend. Then a 3 day week, traffic should be a breeze next week. I know some people have already started Christmas shopping and stores here are open on Thanksgiving. I think that is a crime, the world should have 1 day a year where we can pause and just be thankful and of course eat a nice big meal, see friends and family. Everyone could use a day off. Back in the day when I was growing up that is what it was all about, but as I got older things turned more commercialized and now it’s a race to see who can make the biggest sales. Every year on Black Friday someone gets hurt or dies. Every Thanksgiving someone burns down their house trying to Deep Fry a Turkey. I say take a step back and be thankful. I’ve found out about what matters and it’s a little late in life. There of course is only one Christmas gift I want and no one can give it to me. I want to be reunited with my guy. Starting over is hard, much harder than I thought.
I think that is wrap for Yesterday and Today. Now back to work, so that I can eventually go home and see the children. I look forward to seeing them as much if not more than they look forward to seeing me. Stay warm and take care. I will talk with you peeps later.
No comments:
Post a Comment