Saturday I wanted to spend the entire day in bed. I was there longer than I should have been but it didn’t seem long enough. I made it out of the house to get the mail and cat food. Then back home to put away the cat food and feed the cats. I got on the scale later in the evening and saw that I lost 3 pounds, so I rewarded myself with a pint of Cherries Garcia. I also saw 22 Jump Street. It wasn’t that good and I think it was a waste of $5. I saw a movie on Netflix called La Bare it’s about a male strip club in Texas. Very interesting and some good looking men!
Speaking of men, all of my subscriptions to dating apps have expired. I still have the apps on my phone but am using them in free mode instead of in paid mode. So I don’t get some of the extra bells and whistles, but honestly I am turned off by them. I haven’t been able to find anyone thus far that wants a meaningful relationship, which is what I am after. The guy at the pet food store is I think close to that but I have the feeling that he isn’t interested in me as much as I think he is. He wasn’t there when I was in yesterday, better luck next week perhaps.
Sunday woke up early, went to breakfast and the grocery store. Since we only have 3 days this week I didn’t pickup a lot of food. I have plenty of frozen stuff at home and we are getting paid early because of the holiday, so I am certain I will survive. If the timing is right I can go an entire day and only eat 2 meals, if I want to push it back to 1 I can sometimes make that work. The thing I have to watch out for is an unsafe and sudden drop in blood sugar. Man that feels horrible and then you want to eat and eat and eat so that you will feel better. It takes a while for the body to catch up and process food.
I have just shined my leather jacket, bet you never heard someone say that. Then I applied a spray to make it waterproof. I see by the weather forecast that snow is on tap for tomorrow. We have had fall like temps for a couple days but it looks like we are headed back into the deep freeze tomorrow. I am perfectly okay with it. It’s that time of year. I would like to have snow on Thanksgiving, even if it’s only flurries. It would be a comfort to me. My late partner always loved snow and now that he is gone, I find myself liking the white stuff too.
Honestly I didn’t think I would have any problems, life was good and then yesterday and more so today depression has started to set in. I miss him and want him here, etc. Holiday loneliness. I’ve got a couple tasks lined up for Black Friday one of which is taking Momma to the vet. The other is cleaning out my closet in the basement. I have a bunch of clothes that no longer fit me. I have been hanging on to them with the hope that I will shrink but that isn’t going to happen so I think it’s time to donate them, plus it will be a tax deduction I can take, depending upon if I part with everything or just something's. Then there is always the great American shredding party that I have, whereby I shred all of my old bills and statements from the past year. I usually reserve that for Christmas or even New Years but depending upon my mood that might happen early this year.
I got my proof copies in of my book. I have 2 copies in the mail to You Tubers. I am mailing another 1 to Canada, it would have been nice to send it off today but the kiosk at the post office was out of order. So now I have to wait until Black Friday because the post office closes at 5pm and I don’t get off work until 5:30pm. My hope is that on Wednesday I will be able to make it because it’s common for my present employer to let everyone go early before a holiday. I don’t know if that will apply but I am hoping it does. I am anxious to get feedback. I found at least one cosmetic error, but I am leaving it. It looks more like a magazine than a book but it’s what I asked for. Ideally I wanted a small hardback cover but that requires special formatting and I just don’t want to mess with it. I am pleased with my accomplishment, even if I can’t publically share it with the world.
I need to get some filing done and clean up my messy desk, so that it’s ready for me to mess up again. Looks like my regular shows will be on hiatus this week due to the holiday so I am sure that I will be scrambling for content. I am eager to get to the Sausage Dressing on Thursday. Sign me up for that some pasta and desert and I will be a very happy camper. I invited 2 additional friends and am waiting to hear back from them, I suspect they will decline. 2 additional people would mix it up and bring some additional variety to the table. I’m sure my friends that I do this with every year would be surprised. My plan was to bring along a boyfriend but since I don’t have one that isn’t a worry. Perhaps next year. Maybe I am just too anxious and eager.
So that is my lazy weekend! I hope that your all doing well and you have enjoyed your weekend. I will talk with you peeps later.
1 comment:
Every time I pay a bill and file it away, I pull the oldest one and shred it. (ie: phone company, pull old one file new one) That way I don't have to spend hours shredding stuff once a year like I used to do AND my filing cabinet isn't so full, LOL
Looking forward to reading your book. Have a good week!
Post a Comment