21 November 2014

Reflections

Last night on the way home, I notice that my car was about to turn fifty thousand miles.  That caused me to think of all of the places I have been and things that I have done in and with my car.  From the first day I saw it on the car dealers lot it was love at first sight.  They were closed at the time and when I went back my late partner said you wanted this one, right.  Yup.  Then I saw it didn’t have fog lights and that was kind of a turn off, but once I drove it man it was sold.  The first car that I paid wholesale for, thanks to my late partner.  I can remember him driving it and being surprised that I gave him the keys to my baby.  He really liked it.  There are 3 things that I don’t like about it.  1 – no fog lights 2 – suspension feels a little cheap if you hit the rail road tracks just right 3 – not a lot of head room for a big guy like me.  Outside of that it’s great.  I had plans to part with it early but I am glad that I have kept it this long.  The fifty thousand mile mark hit as soon as I exited the interstate aka freeway.  Wow, I just can’t believe time passed so fast.  It’s still a cream puff of a car and I know any dealer would be proud to have it in their inventory.  It’s a 2010 and fifty thousand miles is very low for a car that old.  Keep in mind that it did sit for two years while i was unemployed, except for the occasional spin that I took it for.  I remember a tank of gas lasted a year.  Thus far nothing has gone wrong and I pray that it stays that way, even after I have just jinxed myself.

This morning I heard about bad traffic on my commute, so I high tailed it and got out of the house as fast as I could.  The cats didn’t know what to think I left so early.  I managed to get to work a half hour early and that hasn’t happened but twice I think since I have started here.  I don’t like being that early but it is nice to get psyched up for the anticipated day.  It hopefully will be a fast moving and quiet day.  Thus far I don’t have a lot going, it’s very quiet.  I like quiet and I suspect and hope that will be the theme for the next few days.  I believe Monday will probably be a busy day but then on Tuesday and Wednesday things will turn quiet.  People are ready to head out for the holiday  I was telling the cats this morning that next Friday I will be off, but up early because momma has her vet appointment.  It will be tough going back given what I went through last month but this is something that needs to be done and hopefully I can get momma some relief from all of her scratching, itching and chewing.  I say that every time we go over but thus far nothing has worked.  I think medicine in general is just a guessing game unless you see an actual root cause like an infection, tumor, mass, broken bone, etc.  Otherwise it’s all lets try this or oh I think that.  I will say medicine in general has made quite the advancements since I was a child.

Last night I went shopping.  I got a toothbrush that was like $40 but is suppose to last for 1,000 uses.  Nothing was wall mountable any longer.  So my hope is that I will be able to use the charger that I presently have.  I will find out come Tuesday evening.  I was going to buy a replacement shaver but with everything else in my cart that was clearly too much money to spend.  I decided instead to try to nurse the one I have back to health.  I ran the battery down until it wouldn’t work.  I put it back in the charger and saw the charge light come on.  When I picked it up and turned it on, it worked but at 1/2 speed.  I repeated the process and now it appears to be working full speed.  So I will continue to keep the process going and perhaps I will be able to keep this particular unit for another few months until I can afford to buy a replacement.  I just hate rechargeable batteries in items that are in items that are used sparingly.  Then again if you keep a laptop plugged in all the time when you eventually unplug it and want to use it for it’s portability you will most likely find that the battery is shot.  I guess the moral of the story is to discharge your batteries once and a while, that makes for longer and better use. 

I did go a little Amazon crazy.  Especially when I found that they sold Billy Jealousy Sake Bomb Lotion.  I got a small sample of that stuff and wow it is amazing.  I bought a 33oz bottle so it should be around the house for a while.  It will no doubt be useful now because of the dry skin I am getting.  Plus I will be able to put it on my back and people will think that I have cologne on so it’s like 2 things in 1.  Then I found they have a Billy Jealousy shave kit with something called hot towel, which sounds nice and shaved ice after shave.  I am so looking forward to trying this.  Then I got some other item that I needed, nothing exciting it’s all toiletry related stuff.  I spent of course more than I wanted to but at least had some discipline when it came to the razor.  I got a note this morning that my credit card statement is ready, so it won’t hit this months bill which I guess is an added plus.

Yesterday I was looking through the intranet and found that we actually get paid on Wednesday which will be really nice.  I will have my money early and can start to pay bills, like the 1st house payment.  Yeah, plus any day now that $300 refund should be coming I am so anxious for it to arrive.  I have checked the mailbox everyday this week with great anticipation but I don’t think it will show up until early next month.  As long a it shows that is fine by me.  I need to replenish my savings account and that will be a great help.  Thus far I haven’t received any other payment instructions so I suspect that my loan hasn’t been sold yet but probably will be shortly.  Until I am told otherwise I will pay as the contract says to pay.  Some places issue coupon books or monthly statements.  This place well I am not sure.  I am supposed to receive something by the 25th of the month to tell me for sure where to send my payment to, so there is a possibility of a change but I really don’t have much anticipation for that.  I mean the payment is due on the 1st and if you get it to me by the 25th that is plenty of time for me to make a change but anything later probably spells trouble.

So the day is still young but it’s moving in the right direction  TGIF.  Talk with you peeps later.

No comments: