18 September 2013

Ready … ios7

So I started to download ios7 at work but it was going to take forever.  So I figured when I got home I would do it.  Here I am an hour and 22 minutes later.  The download happened.  Now I am waiting for my phone to update.  I am starting to wonder if it’s going to finish tonight or if I will have to come back in the morning.  Problem is I live by my iPhone – it’s my world.  I couldn’t honestly imagine life without it but I did manage to live without it long enough.  I am just jumping with joy to see all that awaits me.  No need to upgrade devices, just upgrade the software.  Besides that I am still under contract.  I could probably upgrade if I wanted but why, what is the point?  Then I have to purchase all new cables and go to that stupid Lighting Connector which I despise.  I am happy with old big & bulky, it works for me.

While this won’t thrill most of you there is a new porn movie out today with Steven Daigle in it.  He does bareback and it’s with several guys.  I watched the trailer a couple times and it’s nice.  However, parting with $49 doesn’t seem like something I want to do in order to watch porn.  Eventually it will be available for free, something you just have to wait for.  Porn is a part of my life but I try to spend as little money as possible on it.  It’s a drug for me.  Meaning simply that once I start, I want more and more – before you know it I will have spent the mortgage payment on it.  So I chose to stay away because I like to have a place to live.

My so called friend showed up over an hour late today.  Didn’t bother to make up her time, left early.  It’s like she is goading them into firing her.  Her boss is probably going to do that.  However, she is doing some digging first and also letting my friend bury herself alive.  See the dummy thinks that if she is fired she will get unemployment.  However, we fight every unemployment claim, regardless.  Most of the time the State looks the other way.  However, we have had a couple cases where there was just cause and the State sided with the company.  In my friends case, she will be mistaken when she learns that they will fight the claim and most likely win.  Meaning she won’t get a damn dime – now try to make the house payment.  You screwed yourself so you deserve what you get.  Honestly I don’t want it to come to that.  I want her to either get her head in the game and play by the rules or quit. 

She confronted me today about not taking her to lunch, I told her I have to get permission to leave for lunch.  Then she says I saw you with my boss walking around.  I said she gets a bite to eat across the street, I come along for the fresh air – were gone 15 minutes tops.  That doesn’t constitute lunch, it’s a break.  It’s not like we do it every damn day, it’s maybe once or twice a week.  Typically when the dick I have for a boss isn’t in the office. 

Why do I have the feeling this whole damn thing is going to blow up in my face and wind up costing me a friendship and my job?  Am I overly paranoid.  Yeah, probably but you don’t know her like I do.  She is writing down lots of information keeping track and if she is fired she will stir up a hornets nest with the labor board, EEOC, you name it.  She has contacts and lives for the drama.  While there are days when I would love to nail my boss to the cross and watch him beg for mercy, I realize they provide my paycheck so if they fall I fall too. 

It’s like I gave them a Chucky doll and he is wreaking havoc.  I didn’t know Chucky was an evil bastard, I just through he was a cute doll.  FML!

Talked with our new HR person today, just chatting her up and being friendly.  We sit in very close proximity to each other.  Might as well make a friend, it never hurts.  I’m happy to help anybody with damn near anything at anytime – even if it means my work suffers a little.  Unlike my so called friend I get my rocks off from helping people and of course looking at the cute guys.  Hubba Hubba! 

Tonight’s mail brought me a hospital bill for my late partner.  They really want $193.  I’ve told them 2 x that he died in their hospital.  I even sent them two separate copies of the death certificate.  Still they insist on billing a dead man.  So I got out the old rubber stamp “ Deceased Return to Sender”  good luck with that folks!  Now this is the same hospital that I filed a request for his medical records from.  Chances are they will hit me with the fee for the records but first before they release the records they will make me pay his hospital bill.  Yeah, okay if you twist my nipples enough I will say uncle and pay you.  Otherwise, your going to have to figure out another way to get blood out of a turnip.  It isn’t there I tell you.

Tomorrow I am going to try to call the mortgage company and see if there is any change.  Hopefully, no news is good news.  I just want this to come to an end.  Tomorrow evening I meet with the attorney, so I will be late getting home and will probably have way more information.  I just hope the children hear me when I say I will be late.  I’ve been telling them all week.  I will mention it again in the morning. 

Speaking of morning I think that is about when this update will finish.  The thing looks to be stuck in the same spot.  It’s updating firmware and well if you know anything about computers, you don’t want to interrupt a firmware update, it could brick your device.  Meaning that it will just be a brick.  However, if it is stuck what am I to do?  Hello Genius Bar!  One of the guys I have a major crush on updated his device and he really likes it.  I saw the previews and I think I will like it.  However, I didn’t think it would take all damn night to update. 

It’s about time to wrap things up here and prep for tomrorow.  Get my fill up of Tosh.O and call it a night.  After of course passing out medicine to the children. 

So all things considered, I am under some stress but alive and managing to smile on occasion.  Here is hoping all is well in your world.  Please continue to pray for me, I sure can use it.  I will talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Just reading this and your last post, your "friend" at work makes me shake my head.... I can't believe her! I hope it's over clean and quick too. Like, this week!