11 September 2013
Remember 9/11
We remember those that fell on this day back in 2001. I still remember to this day where I was and how I learned about the attacks. This is a somber day and a day that helps remind us that we all could go at any time, any minute from anything - be it a gun shot, heart attack or terrorist attack.
I watched a movie on Netflix a few weeks back that talked about Airline Security and how things have changed since 9/11. Basically it's an illusion to fool the public into thinking that there is more security. Now it's up to you if you believe that or not. Personally, I think there might be some truth to it, but for the most part I think that the process of flying is more secure overall. Little things that never caught any attention before now do not go unnoticed.
Last year I remember one of my bosses was flying and the security on this day was especially tight. I would hate to be flying on this date, just because of what happened back in 2001. It was only last year that I started flying commercial for the first time. Prior to that I had only been up in a private passenger plane. It takes a little bit to get used to but all in all flying it's self is a breeze. You just have to learn the process and after that, everything else just falls into place.
The one thing that I wish is that there would be some restaurants before you have to go through the Security Checkpoints. I'd probably go to the airport just to eat. The food is expensive but there is some good food there, you just have to find it.
I pray that all that perished on this day back in 2001 are resting in peace. I know there are conspiracy theories about this day, it's America and we are all free to believe what we want to. I have my opinions and I am sure that you have yours. However, that is NOT what today is about. Today is about remembering those who perished. They were the victims and we MUST NEVER FORGET!
Take care & God Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Probably for most of us, 9-11 is added to the list of "Where were you when JFK was shot", or "where were you when John Lennon was shot"... we will always remember where we were and the shock of finding out about the attacks on 9-11. So very sad, we will never forget.
Post a Comment