19 September 2013

Verdict

I met with the attorney and after hearing the opinion of a Neurologist it has been concluded that everything was done right and within protocol.  Therefore, I have no case.  However, I can always seek the opinion of another Neurologist but that would be at my expense.  I can also talk with another attorney and have them look at the case. 

The guy I met with told me that he isn’t the best and he knows he isn’t the only lawyer in the area but he considers himself very good.  He has turned away cases such as mine and people have gone to other firms and had claims and recovered money. 

I asked the question I always ask when I am faced with making a decision from an expert on how to proceed.  I said if you were me what would you do.  He said that he would drop the case and take comfort in knowing that my partner was cared for properly and that God called him home.  Simply put it was his time and nothing anyone did or didn’t do would have changed that. 

Honestly I was taken back, based on the way he was posturing with sending me a contract I thought for sure there was a case and honestly he did too.  However, the expert painted the picture and that is what he goes by.  He told me that if I get the records from the other hospital that he would be happy to look at them to see if there was anything there, but he would be surprised if he found anything.  He said you can cancel the order if you wish and save your money. 

Wow it feels like he died all over again.  I am comforted in knowing that they acted within protocol but I still think that things would have been different with TPA.  That is my opinion and no one can or will ever change that. In one way I am glad and relieved so that I know this “battle” is pretty much over.  However, on the other hand I was counting on some money – good thing I didn’t spend what I don’t have.

So life goes on.  Tomorrow is another day and I will just keep putting one foot in front of the other and go from there. 

Okay I promised the kids I would get upstairs as quickly as possible, so that is what I am going to do.  Get ready for bed and have a nice relaxing evening watching lord knows what on TV.  I lost my urge for porn so relaxing sounds really good right about now.  Very happy tomorrow is Friday because I need some recovery time.

Talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

Sorry to hear the visit with the lawyer didn't go as you had hoped. :(

And holy moly I can't believe your friend...... she's definitely begging to be fired!