What a day it’s been and it’s still early! First, my work machine wasn’t behaving and after looking into that it turns out it was my home internet. Had to reboot the work machine and reset the connection at home. That took about 20 minutes and everything got stored. Second, a person who is traveling at work was stupid and left their laptop bag in their rental car in plain view. Naturally the car was broken into and the bag was taken. Plenty of company assets and information was in that bag, so that kept me busy for a bit. It’s been one thing after another with this stolen stuff. Lots of people chime in and there are tons of questions.
I’m sure there will be additional items to add to the list but I kind of hope they are kept to a minimum and the stress level calms. Not exactly the way I wanted to start the week.
Here I was all cheerful because the mistake maker is on-call, so much for a calmer week. I mean it could happen but thus far it’s not starting out that way.
Sunday (Easter) I had a great idea of lounging, getting a shower, then cleaning the house. What happened is that I lounged too much, cleaned the house as I saw time was getting away from me and then threw on some clothes and headed out the door.
The meal was Ham, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans. It all tasted horrible but I gulped it down because it was going to be my supper. Beats going hungry. A few hours after supper we had Cherry Pie alamode and that was the best damn thing on the menu. Once I was done with the pie I left as time had gotten away from me.
I arrived home around 7:30p and fed the cats. Got ready for this morning and lounged, surfed social media and then got ready for bed. Slept pretty good but had some strange dreams. Rudy was all huddled up against me all night long, never left my side that I know of.
Grass is being cut now, 3rd mow of the season. Meanwhile my neighbor who works for the county hasn’t mowed his grass yet and it’s getting quite tall. Almost everyone in the subdivision has mowed at least once already. I get that it’s not a fun job but it’s much easier to do when the temperatures are cooler now than when we get into the heart of summer and it’s blistering hot. No one will turn him in because he works for the county, which I think is BS. He’s not above the law or special. We have an app where we can take photos and submit them anonymously but if I turn him in the photos are shared and he would be able to tell that it was me who turned him in and that would start a war. A war that I’m not wanting to start. I just observe and complain but tend to keep to myself. If there was a matter of life and death I’d certainly call 9-1-1 but otherwise I keep to myself, it’s better that way.
Hope you had a great Easter and that this week is off to a better start for you than it has been for me. Talk with you all again soon. Take care!
2 comments:
You didn't tell us where you had Easter dinner. Lounging and cleaning the house, and then you suddenly ran out the door to dinner.
I went to my "Thanksgiving Friends" house to have Easter dinner.
Post a Comment