21 April 2026

The New Guy

Morning,

Yesterday was mostly uneventful.  I was able to wrap things up quickly yesterday morning and head upstairs.  The cats were happy about that because it means they get to hang around me and bother me at will. 

I was headed to the bedroom for a nap when the boss sent one of his famous dumb emails asking me to check into something that had already been worked out.  Got that sorted and then it was rapid fire with other things hitting me. 

Finally I was able to go lay down and stretch out.  Man that felt so good.  Nothing like when you first climb into bed, at least for me.  Guess I’m just getting old. 

Watched TV and the cats joined me.  Had my electronic leash (phone) nearby in case I was summoned.  Eventually it went off and I had to get up but it was close enough to cat lunch time that it worked out well.  They got food and I got to deal with work. 

Had my lunch of 2 hot dogs with 2 bread & butter pickles on Sourdough with a little bit of Ketchup.  It was good.  Rudy looked at me as if to say Cheetos would pair nicely with that.  Yeah I know he just wanted Cheetos but it didn’t work out for him. 

Returned to the living room to watch TV and the computer for work stuff.  Thankfully I was only bothered a few more times.  When it came time to quit for the day I not only turned off the computer but the phone too.  Needed to just escape for a bit.  Fired the phone back up after 10 minutes.  There was work stuff there but I ignored it and it felt good. 

Today I’m sure will be a smoke show since the new guy will be joining one of our regular meetings.  Yeah I should be in the office so I could turn my camera on but I’m staying home.  I’ve already peeked and see that the mistake maker is working from home today as well, so it’s not like I am alone.  As long as they can hear my voice they don’t need to see my face.  We worked years on conference calls and there was no video, shame we can’t go back to those days but Zoom & the pandemic changed all of that.  Kind of wish I was the guy who was behind Zoom I wouldn’t need to work ever again.  At any rate I’m not looking forward to having the new guy join our meetings early.  I’ve done some prep work for his arrival.  There is more for me to do and I will get to it eventually but I think I’m done with trying to plan ahead. 

Yesterday was a nice Spring day but today were headed back to summer.  It was freezing this morning but by the end of the day I will probably be flipping the flipping AC back on for the rest of the week.  I will be glad when things finally even out and we get a normal temperature instead of all of these extreme swings but that day probably won’t happen until June 1 at the rate things are going.  My allergies are a flurry this morning but thankfully things seem to be settling down. 

Off to scour the internet for pleasure and eventually back to work.  I’ve got several hours to burn before this dumb meeting.  Joy!  Hope you have a great day!

No comments: