26 April 2026

Sunday

Happy Sunday!

Hope that your having fun and enjoying the day.  I got started early with breakfast out.  Then my usual trip to the grocery store and gas station.  Then home to unload and relax.  Got in a nice but short nap.  Then got up and started cleaning the house.  Watched a little TV with the cats for a bit. 

The idea sparked that I should make my trip to the office early just to get it out of the way.  I did that and was disappointed.  There wasn’t anything on my desk.  Normally for Admin. Professionals week the company passes out something.  Last year I got a pack of gum and an energy bar.  Ah well.  Everything pretty much looks the same I ventured off into areas I haven’t visited in a year at least.  That was fun.  Unless something changes I’m done until next month. 

Each time I visit I think about how I used to make that trip each day without question for 5 days a week.  The crazy ass drivers who think it’s the Indy 500 passing me up and weaving in and out of traffic.  You really have to be on your toes, even on the weekend.  I don’t miss the travel or the office.  Happy to work from home with the cats.  I do get cabin fever but getting out on the weekends is usually enough to cure or calm that. 

Hit up the cat food store on the way back home.  The cashier asked me if my kids asked for anything crazy for Christmas.  Just because I commented about how long the receipt was.  I said no kids, just cats.  Nice to be mistaken for a straight person who had kids.  It was flattering to me. 

Finances are all updated, cat food put away.  I’ve cuddled with each of the cats.  Need to grab the laundry and head up to put it away.  Making one more trip out to a local Mexican place that I have a craving for.  It’s much closer to home than the usual place I visit.  Then I am done with running/travel.  That is until next weekend or so I hope. 

It’s going to be an interesting week ahead.  Monday thru Thursday is the last time it will just be me and the mistake maker.  Friday the new guy joins and that will cause me to work late on Thursday to make sure he gets account rights so he can preform.  No word on training schedules yet but I’m sure the boss will come up with something.  Not looking forward to that but I’ve done it twice before, what’s one more time.  Hopefully, this guy pays attention and doesn’t cause me hours of work like the mistake maker has.

Talk with you all again soon.  Stay safe. 

No comments: