Morning …
Right now the vibe here is chill. No hustle and no bustle. It’s still early enough but I know that eventually that vibe will fade and a new vibe will emerge. Thursday kind of a mostly good day and a reminder that the weekend is getting closer.
Speaking of chill. Mora hid on me yesterday afternoon. I noticed she was missing and went looking for her. I knew she was under the couch. I started to make my dinner and she emerged, I never saw her crawl out but I know that is the only place she could have been. She begged me for food and treats way early. I gave in and she filled her belly up good. Then she had some time with me and eventually she climbed in one of her pet beds and went to sleep. Rudy had his turn wanting attention and I showered him. He relaxed so much. He loves sleeping in my arms or climbing up and resting on my chest. However, he loves to sit in my spot on the couch, he curls up there and it’s goodnight.
It was time for bed and I started my routine. There wasn’t any Rudy asking for playtime he was sleeping on the couch in my spot. Mora kind of wanted to play at least she had that look in her eye but I took the moment for myself and went to bed to relax. I was super sleepy but managed to wake up for a while to watch TV before heading off to bed.
It was a decent evening. Had Chili for supper with cheese and sour cream. No crunchy crackers or corn chips. It was good. Dove into that piece of cake I wanted and ate half of it. It was every bit as delicious as I expected. Only thing that could have made it better would be if it was a Black Forest Cake, that’s one of my favorites.
Work lingered on for a few hours past quitting time because I had pending tasks but they all got done and then I turned off the computer and the TV. Just took some time to bask in the silence. No technology, no scanner. Just me and my thoughts. It was nice and how quickly time passed.
The rain continues. We cooled off pretty good yesterday. Today were supposed to heat back up into the 70’s. Tomorrow they are saying 80’s again but time will tell. I did turn the furnace back on and it ran a little bit yesterday afternoon and evening. I know it kicked on early morning but since then it’s been silence. I love it when it’s just right everywhere and you don’t need heat or AC. I could live all year like that if the weather would allow it. It’s 72 here in the basement and I’m not freezing. Humidity is at 40%, it’s so comfy.
One meeting today it will be quick and closer to the cat’s lunch time. My scalp is feeling a bit better. I put some Aloe Vera gel on it and wow it’s making the redness disappear like a magic eraser. The itch is subsiding. I know that peeling will come eventually and I will surely hate it but it’s better than dealing with the constant itching, that is the worst. I’ve never been a fan of sunburns. My neck got some of it as well. I know I burn easy but I don’t wear sunscreen unless I know for sure I will be out in the sun for an extended period. This was just from yapping with a contractor.
Speaking of contractors. I’m still waiting for the bids to come rolling in. No one seems to be in any hurry. I’m not a fan of that but I’m not about to start calling and pestering people. It hasn’t been all that long and honestly I’m not in a hurry to spend my money. I’m sure this won’t be a cheap repair.
Off to see what kind of trouble I can find or maybe just be lazy and watch TV until work comes calling. Hope it’s a great day for you. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment