17 April 2026

Four80East

Morning & Happy Friday!

I’ve got lots of favorite songs and I’m sure you can say the same.  One of my all time favorites is called Noodle Soup by Four80East.  It’s all instrumental.  Take a listen and maybe it will become one of your favorites too. 

FOUR80EAST–Noodle Soup

 

Nothing much going on here.  Had a summer like day yesterday and the AC worked a bit.  Put the trash out and let a Stink Bug in.  Mora was all over it letting me know we had an unwelcome visitor.  I killed it by sticking it down the drain and turning on the garbage disposal.  Had to use a butter knife for assistance and the knife fell in while the disposal was on.  That wasn’t a pleasant sound and I got the disposal turned off quickly!  Bug gone & crisis averted.  Yesterday was great, today is shaping up to be the same but tonight more severe weather will roll in and maybe there will be some hail enough to get me a new roof but based on what I have heard it’s just going to be lots of wind and rain with a very low Tornado risk.  Which is not a zero risk but the chances of one happening is very minimal.  I worked in a nice nap just before lunch and my phone permitted it – wow! It felt so good. 

Mora remains on bug watch and Rudy is helping.  Woke up this morning to find fur in the bed.  Rudy is scratching hard and pulling out his hair.  Not sure what that is all about, maybe it just felt that good to scratch.  You know that itch that just feels so good.  We all get them from time to time.  It wasn’t but a couple tufts but I’ll keep an eye on him just the same.  Mora’s got her pigment changes around her ears that I am watching.  These two are just like all of my other cats, they have something or do something that just inflicts endless worry on me.  Most probably it’s nothing but still I’m gun shy and it doesn’t take much for me to worry. 

Speaking of worry, the boss invited the new guy who doesn’t start for close to 2 weeks to our team meetings starting next week.  I’m sure it’s just to get him familiar with things but it’s rather odd.  I wasn’t looped in early when I started on the team.  I’m just hyperaware and hypersensitive.  Probably because I am breaking the rules and working from home.  I’m sure the boss will start asking us to turn our cameras on and if that happens I will need to get back to the office but for now I plan on business as usual.  No one is complaining and I for one am not going to let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. 

Had the strangest dream.  I was at a new restaurant eating, eggs so I suppose it was for breakfast.  I asked for a refill on my Diet Soda and the waitress refused saying that stuff is so bad for you that she limits people to just one.  Then we got into a verbal disagreement, some how I told her I was gay and next thing you know I was calling the cops because she was holding me hostage, refusing to give me my credit card back and ring up my check.  Hell, everything and anything is bad for you and no one gets of out of this life alive.  Might as well eat and drink as much as you can afford to. 

Things are all caught up at work and I am in a holding pattern watching and waiting for something to pop.  Kind of boring here in the basement but it feels good at 72 degrees right now.  I need to bring in the trash can and just like putting it out, both are tasks I do not enjoy.  My body woke me up early so I got to hear the banging of the cans.  Rudy was quite pleased and stopped his grooming to start making biscuits and giving me attention as well as a couple licks on my face.  He even summoned his sister to come make me get out of bed.  My bladder was the real culprit if I could have held it a bit longer I would have just laid there a bit longer.  It helped me get an early start and knock out several tasks that I put off until this morning. 

Well off to watch court, it’s Landlord Tennant Day my favorite.  Figure out what to have for lunch and supper, drag the trash can in and take care of any fires that crop up at work.  Then the day will be done but not quite as quick as you read this. 

Tomorrow is haircut day, it’s booked early and I will hate myself for doing that but I’m an early bird.  It might just keep me out of the house for a while depending on how much sleep I get and how I feel.  No real plans per se, just the usual errand running and dining out.  Hope you have a nice weekend and an awesome Friday.  Take care!

No comments: