Morning … Be careful it’s April Fool’s Day.
It’s been years since I sunburnt my scalp. It itches like crazy then when I go to scratch it’s pleasurable but hurts at the same time. I’ve put some leave in conditioner on and that helps but only for so long, then the itching starts up. I broke out some medicated dandruff shampoo I had on hand. It’s from a professional brand but OTC. It too works but only for so long. I use a conditioner with Menthol in it and I love the cool feeling I get from letting that sit and do it’s thing while I work on showering. I can’t wait until I get to the peeling stage, that will be fun (not) but maybe the itch will be gone by then. I see the redness fading a little bit each day. It would be nice if it’s gone by Sunday but I don’t think I will be that lucky.
Met with the final contractor yesterday about the column or roof brace. Now I am just waiting for the quotes to pour in. I don’t think the roofing company will get back to me and I’m not chasing them. Glad I had the boot fixed on the roof over the weekend so it’s out of the way. Honestly I only expect to hear back from the guy who did the roof stuff and the guy that was out yesterday. I expect the guy who was out yesterday to be the cheapest but we shall see.
Our hot weather is gone and we have cooled off. Now it’s all rain. The AC is still on here and it’s surprisingly warmer than I expected upstairs. The AC is not running and I don’t anticipate it kicking on. I am certain that within a day or two I will be flipping the furnace back on but time will tell.
Were at the half way point in the week and this week is moving pretty fast, at least for me. There are moments when there are lags or lulls but they are short lived. I managed to squeeze in a quick nap yesterday before a meeting, which was nice. Both cats joined me, which is kind of expected. They pretty much follow me all over and need to be around me as much as possible. My only break from them is leaving the house, showering or coming to the basement during the work week. Both of them are so happy here, but we have our moments.
I’ve got 2 meetings today which I don’t look forward to but one of them is with a vendor so it’s more of a listen to folks ramble on and sit back & relax.
The boss has told us he has candidates to interview for our open position and it sounds like there is more than 1 internal candidate. We never hear names of people. We only know who was chosen in the end and who knows how long that will take. Not much moves fast at this place, especially when it comes to hiring, it seems to linger on forever.
Supper last night was Stouffer’s Spaghetti & Meat Sauce. I wanted to dive in to a slice of Chocolate Cake that I got from the store but it got late and then I started watching TV and just decided to skip it. Rest assured it won’t go bad. Frozen food might go bad here but not cake. I’ve got soup & chili to eat for lunch and possibly for supper. It makes for a quick but enjoyable meal and I like it a little bit better than a frozen dinner. The risk factor goes up for burns, remember my chili incident? Ever since then I am extra careful. Hot chili or soup belongs in your mouth and not on your skin. I keep meaning to buy hot dogs but somehow forget. A chili dog would be nice!
Hope it’s a great day for all of us. Thanks for stopping by! Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment