01 March 2026

Working

Hi Friends :)

Hope you are all doing well.  I’m still recovering from what ever virus entered my body.  Felt decent yesterday and took full advantage of that.  I caught up on porn surfing, got the bedding laundry done, went out for Mexican food that I was craving, hit up the post office and cat food store.  Then finally returned home and dove into my inbox at work.  286 messages.  Where to begin?  I sort by sender and then widdle it down from there.  I had the cats with me and Mora wanted her attention more than once.  I had to turn her away once I got fully engrossed.  She was persistent but so was I and eventually she curled up in a chair and sulked, falling asleep and snoring. 

I found some work that hadn’t been done and had a deadline of Monday.  I took care of that and was kind of surprised that the mistake maker didn’t catch it.  Perhaps it was his way of getting back at me.  I know for sure he was a one man band last week juggling the work of 3 people (the guy who retired, his own job and part of my job).  Plus he was on-call. 

I worked for a couple hours sifting and processing different things, updating spreadsheets and didn’t really have any fun but it felt good to make progress and to start to file things away.  Once all of the laundry was done which was around 8:30p I logged off and headed up. 

Had to shut the door on my bedroom in order to get the bed made.  The cats love to try to help me but it’s only a hinderance.  That’s when I saw something shocking, the tag on my mattress had the date when it was built (it’s a custom built mattress by a local shop, my late spouse got it for me as a Christmas present back in 2006), I’ve been sleeping on a 20 year old mattress.  I’ve got a Temper-Pedic mattress topper which helps but still I am long overdue for a replacement.  It’s still serves it’s purpose and I’m happy with it but just am astounded that it’s 20 years old.  I’ve never kept a mattress that long. 

Once the bed was made, I got my teeth brushed and headed off to watch TV until my sleeping meds kicked in.  I was horny but I lost interest, I was too exhausted.  Good thing because I stumbled across a YouTube Live stream of Andrew Goes Places, first time he has streamed in a while.  Just looking at him and his friend, Tyler Dantuma.  They both took their shirts off so regardless of the babbling they did it was nice to have some eye candy to look at.  Andrew is supposed to stream again tonight (maybe) but I’m not holding my breath.  I miss the days of COVID and streamers on Twitch & YouTube, that was fun and it made it seem like I had some friends, despite the fact I just watched and never chatted or played along with any games. 

Morning came around again way too soon.  It’s cold here again.  We have a Winter Storm Watch out and it’s supposed to be bad overnight with snow and ice.  It will make for a sloppy commute for those that have to get out but by afternoon I think it will be all gone.  Temperatures here are all over the place.  My iPhone says that one day later this week we will hit 80, if that’s true it’s gonna be super hot in my house.  Rain is forecast everyday of the week.  I might be getting wet come Friday when I have to meet with the landscaper. 

Funny thing I call a landscaper a Bushwhacker.  I asked my Echo what a Bushwhacker was and it told me it was like a Chocolate Pina Colada.  I searched on Google and sure enough it looks delicious.  Never seen that on a drink menu before but then again I really don’t drink.  I’m anxious to try one of these though. 

Anyway, back on point.  Made it to breakfast and then on to the grocery store.  My plan was to go out later and drive to the place where the cute guy works at the pizza place.  I haven’t seen him there in a while and think he might have moved on.  As cold as it is out, I have scrapped that plan.  I’m going to a local pizza place that opens in about an hour.  There is a better chance of seeing eye candy there.  It’s an awkward kind of stuck up vibe I get but the pizza is pretty good.  Looking forward to that. 

I have had my nap, cleaned the house and back to laundry and also back to work.  I worked for about 2 hours and now everything is under control.  My inbox at work is empty and I should be able to hit the ground running tomorrow, I left a couple things on my plate to take care of so I am not totally bored.  It feels good to know that I’m in good shape and that I don’t have to spend hours sifting through email after email.  I set off some alarms (on purpose) to let others know that I was working today, despite the fact I’m not cleared to return to work until tomorrow.  I shouldn’t have but hey I’m the only one who’s looking out for me, no one is coming to save me, so I might as well be my own hero. 

With that in mind I am waiting for the dryer to kick off and then head up, change clothes and head out for pizza.  I don’t feel well but I feel okay.  I felt much worse when I woke up this morning.  Mornings seem to be the worst.  Hopefully, I can flush this virus thing out this week because the sooner it’s gone the better off I will feel. 

Hope you had a great weekend!  Take care. 

No comments: