09 March 2026

Relaxing Sunday

Morning

Hope you had a great Sunday & weekend!  My Sunday was a lazy Sunday.  It started off cold out and warmed up into the 60’s.  I got out for breakfast, grocery store and fuel for the vehicle.  Watched TV when I got back home, napped and then passed out lunch for the cats.  Laid down and watched TV in the living room.  Eventually I got up and cleaned the house, it was a light cleaning week.  Continued to lollygag and waste time. 

Afternoon rolled around and I opted to get ready and left around 3p.  Headed to the Mexican place.  Took a city route instead of the freeway.  Got 25mpg on a city route.  Never done that before that I know of.  I was quite impressed.  Took the freeway home and got up to 28mpg.  Stopped in for a car wash before returning home.  Dried the vehicle off and then came in to see the cats. 

Passed out supper for them, got out of my clothes.  Stayed in my underwear because it was just too hot for clothes.  Watched TV, surfed social media via my phone.  Didn’t power on or touch a computer all day long.  That was on purpose.  I figure I spend enough time on them all week long, a day away can’t hurt anything. 

Watched a YouTube video of a tour of a Chicago high rise apartment.  Rent was $1,500 per month and the garage parking was $345 per month on top of that.  Man it’s not cheap to live downtown in Chicago.  They had some nice views but I wouldn’t like all of the city noise.  The energy though would be nice and to wake up looking at Lake Michigan each morning that has to be really nice.  Still it’s a lot of money for an apartment.  At least they had a washer and dryer in their unit as well as all new appliances.  I saw something similar for New York and the rent was in the title it was way more.  I didn’t watch that video.

Speaking of living quarters.  I’m still waiting on my quote from the landscaper.  This is going to be a hot week and it will certainly test my patience with wanting to turn on the air.  I’ve got a couple bushes that are restricting air flow to the condenser outside and I’d like to get them trimmed and shaped up long before I flip the switch.  Were headed back to 80 today and then storms in the forecast for tomorrow with a cool down but only for a day and then it’s back into the fryer for a day and then we go back to more normal like temperatures. 

I woke up at 5a from an internal body alarm that the temperature was too hot.  I peeled the covers back and man that felt good.  I got up to use the restroom and never made it back to sleep despite trying.  Then the living room light kicked on at 6:20a and there was no going back to sleep. 

Time change wreaks havoc on my body for a few days but I adjust.  The cats are confused a little bit but again in a couple days everything syncs up.  They knew it was bed time last night.  Rudy came in crying while I was brushing my teeth that he wanted to play.  When I got out his toy he swatted at it a couple times and was done.  I tried to regain his interest but he wanted nothing to do with it.  Mora had her turn and she couldn’t be bothered with it.  Play time was done and I headed to watch TV until my sleeping meds kicked in. 

I’ve got what looks to be an easy week ahead since the boss is out.  I’ve got 1 meeting tomorrow but it’s a large group thing that is done every week.  Outside of that I am free and clear of meetings.  Hopefully the BS stays to a minimum level.  I’ve worked to help my colleague this morning a little bit.  If I get super bored then I will lend some additional help but otherwise I plan to enjoy the day and just keep an eye on work email. 

Told that cats that I’d be opening the windows so they have that to look forward to.  I got some Cherry Diet Coke yesterday and am looking forward to trying it.  I’m told it’s pretty good, I will find out in a few hours when I open my first can. 

I’ve been suffering with some hip pain in the early morning.  I’m thinking of bringing an office chair upstairs and sitting in that instead of on my old worn out couch.  It will probably be a bit more comfy and certain be better for my posture.  The goal being to help the pain go away.  Perhaps it’s just from too much sitting and I need to get up and move around a bit. 

Saw a couple pushing their cats in a stroller on social media a little bit ago.  I wonder if Rudy & Mora would be hip to that?  I’d hate to invest in the stroller only to find they don’t like it.  I’d never put them both in the same spot together, the would probably fight.  I think it would be neat to be pushing a stroller around the neighborhood, people would think I have a baby when it’s just two cats.  Managed to get Mora on the scale on Saturday.  Last time I weighed her was 2024 and her weight is exactly the same – 19 pounds.  Yeah imagine 19 pounds stomping on your nuts, doesn’t feel good.

Well off to see what kind of trouble I can get into or time I can waste.  Hopefully it’s a decent day.  Take care.

No comments: