19 March 2026

Cool to Hot

Happy Thursday!

Yesterday was a decent day.  It got warm in the afternoon and we were only in the upper 60’s.  I was chatting with my co-worker and he was working from home and had his windows open.  The birds were chirping there and Rudy & Mora were asleep.  I thought for sure it would wake them but thankfully it did not.  Birds started chirping here once they both woke up and I got a nice show. 

Found out that for the most part next week I will be by myself, my co-worker is going to do an upgrade of a system we use.  Normally the guy that retired and him work on this together but this is his first time to go it alone.  What could possibly go wrong?  He’s a little nervous but there is support to help him so honestly I think things will be fine. 

Lost my mind yesterday and upgraded my cell phone plan.  Turns out AT&T has really good coverage in my area.  I’ve got unlimited data now, at least until I change my mind.  Based on the speed tests I have done I’m pretty happy.  The only time I will be unhappy is when the bill rolls in, but I’m getting a couple discounts so that helps defray the cost.  Still got my Visible line that I use for work, which was originally gotten for dating.  It’s nice to know who’s calling what number.  If you call my main # and I don’t know the # I don’t answer.  If you call my work # and I don’t know the # I still answer because it’s likely a work call.  I’ve had a couple spammers call work but it’s easy enough to block them.  Something that I can’t do if I am actually at work in my office.  For some reason I always thought AT&T had crap coverage in my area and honestly I’ve never loved their prices.  Archie Bunker (from All In The Family) had it right when he called them American Thieves & Thugs.  They love to take your money, then again so do most businesses that’s after all the name of the game to make money. 

Caught a live stream from a mechanic I follow on YouTube.  He talks about a little bit of everything when he goes live.  It’s kind of like your sitting down with a friend just having a chat, all be it a one way conversation.  He talked about food and meals that he had growing up.  I had mostly the same thing.  I think were close in age but never bothered to do any research.  I like him because he explains things and shows you the work.  I am a dude but I honestly don’t know jack when it comes to cars.  I have a little bit of knowledge but I learned as a teenager I don’t belong working on a car, I don’t have that skill set.  Hence why I pay for all the service & repair work I ever have done. 

Feeling a bit more chipper today than I was yesterday.  My sex drive seems to be coming back.  Had a nice time last night that actually felt really good.  I honestly think that it’s situational and that I am my own worst enemy.  I tend to overthink things and really get in my own head.  There’s guilt from Working From Home more than I should.  There is also worry about the present and the future.  Somethings that I have control over and other things that I do not.  My big worry has always been losing my job but that has seem to pass the longer I work at the same place.  That’s also why I am hesitant to move on buying a vehicle or any big purchase, at least I have savings to fall back on.  I feel way more secure having a nest egg and just like when I was a kid collecting stickers, I hate to give any of it away. 

I’ve got a free and clear day, all of my tasks are done so it’s just a matter of waiting for work to roll in.  I plan on opening this afternoon and I know that will please the cats.  I just want to feel a cool breeze before the bugs start flying, once that happens windows will stay closed.  Cat’s like to play or fight with bugs through the screens and their claws don’t go so well with the screen.  Well work is building so I shall venture back to that screen. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments: