13 March 2026

Last Day of working vacation

Morning and Happy Friday!

Today is the last day of my working vacation (meaning that the boss is away).  Yesterday was pretty chill and I got a nap in without missing a beat.  There was lots of down time and I’m perfectly okay with that.  It does make for a long day but it’s not like it was my first long day ever. 

I’ve knocked out my morning tasks and even got some extra work done but the day is largely over with for me and it’s just about 9a here.  Yeah, it’s going to likely be another long day.  That’s kind of why I keep an eye on things and poach some trouble tickets to help keep me engaged.  It also endears me to others and lightens their work load, so it’s a win – win.  I often work much later than I should and people seem to think that I am always on and never power down but that is simply not true.  Perception isn’t always reality but I’d rather be known for something good than something bad. 

On the home front seems as if the cats have sharpened their claws again.  I just trimmed the longer ones earlier in the week.  Just a few days and they have new knives.  Were back in the freezer here and it’s kind of windy.  At least the rain has moved out for a couple days.  I heard talk of snow on Sunday late into Monday.  March is always so up in the air but once were into April snow is pretty much a thing of the past and you shouldn’t see it again here until Fall or when Winter starts up again.  March is typically a windy month here and it’s always been that way. 

Last night I had the best dream, I test drove a BMW SUV, I was able to bring it home and really have a nice time with it.  I drove it back to the dealership late in the day and asked what it went for.  They told me and I said I’ll pay cash, wrap it up.  I was so happy and it drove like a dream.  Sucked to wake up and find out that it was truly only a dream. 

Finished off the other 1/2 of the Burrito from the store and it was pretty good, just like when I ate the other 1/2 I thought wow there isn’t much here, wish I had more.  If I ate the whole thing in one sitting I’d be miserable but full.  Rudy managed to work a 2nd supper out of me last night.  He asked for food around 3p and I got a snack for myself.  Then when 5p rolled around he begged for food again, following me to the bathroom and he started to get quite chatty, which is cute.  I gave in just because I’ve got ample supply and I will be getting more this weekend.

Wrapped things up early last night and got a shower, then it was time for bed.  Both cats were passed out when I got out of the shower but once I got settled in my room, Mora joined me and Rudy followed a short time later when he finally woke up.  Both of them sleep way more than I ever could.  No wonder they are so happy.

I am crossing my fingers that later tonight or perhaps early tomorrow morning I will hear from the bushwhacker I called so we can get my yard work done.  I looked at my calendar from last year and the lawn guy will be starting up soon, the lawn already looks like it could benefit from a cut. 

I’ve got plans to visit the office and the Mexican place that is near by.  Grabbing the mail and getting some cat food.  How exciting.  That’s Saturday.  Sunday it will be time for a Target run in addition to the grocery store.  One thing is for sure I am saving some money by staying home all week, especially since we can get that $1.79 gas around here.  It’s closer to $4 per gallon. 

Well off to see what kind of trouble I can get into or something like that.  I try to stay downstairs until 11a and then head up, it makes for a better balanced day.  However, if I get drowsy I don’t hesitate and head up early.  The cats are always happy to see me and they never mind taking a nap with me. 

Hoping it’s a good luck day for everyone.  Next Friday Spring will officially begin.  Take care and stay safe!

No comments: