Today has been an okay day. I’m still a bit bummed about my crush, who just wants to play games. He never did respond to my message. I did a bit of research and turns out if you block someone on an iPhone the message shows as delivered even though it never was. It stays that way forever. I don’t know if he blocked me or just left my message unread. I made the decision tonight to block him on my phone and I took his number out of my contacts. I have no plans to ever walk into that Cracker Barrel where he works. I know I will be tempted but nothing good will come of it so best to just keep it moving.
Rudy woke me up for breakfast and he was 15 minutes early but he got me out of a bad dream. I wasn’t eager to get up but did just that because I know it’s just not a good thing to keep The Salesman waiting.
I headed out and grabbed breakfast. Picked up a few things from the grocery store. Chatted with my favorite cashier and then moved along to fill up my gas tank. Came home, put everything away. Then turned off my phone and got naked. Watched TV and eventually went back to bed.
An hour later I had to get up to pass out lunch for the cats. I grabbed a snack and watched a little TV. Eventually I went back to bed and watched a movie on Netflix. I don’t remember the name but it was about a Holiday Heist, it kept my interest and got me out of my head for a while.
I headed out to the buffet like I wanted to. I should have listened to my little voice that said go for pizza instead. I was eager to go because I was told they have comfort food on Sundays’. What a waste of 2 hours of my time. It takes an hour to get there and an hour to travel home. They had Fried Chicken but only 2 legs. I ate both of those and part of a breast. Got some mashed potatoes and a little corn. Went back to try the yams, they were good so I got a few more of those. 2 sodas and 1 to go – all of that for the low low price of $22. I was disappointed and if I ever go back I will order from the menu, the buffet is kind of a hit or miss thing. Saturday is still my favorite day but in the summer. Haven’t been there in the winter on a Saturday that I remember.
My vehicle appreciated the exercise I gave it and it preformed well. I got 28.7 MPG total for the trip. I’m very pleased with that number. No way the majority of the new vehicles I’m considering would get that. Sales people as well as Service folks told me there is no break in period for an engine, this was back in 2017. Modern vehicles just don’t have that it was a thing of the past. Well I’m here to tell you they were full of it. I got average numbers at first but once I hit 50 thousand miles, the MPG started getting way better. There still is a break in period for every gasoline powered engine. I’ve not driven an electric vehicle. I know they go stupid fast and are very quiet. I just don’t want to have to always worry about charging. I’ll keep my gasoline engine for now that infrastructure is already in place and highly popular.
Rudy and I are waiting for the dryer to finish so that we can head upstairs. I need to make the bed, then grab a shower and I can call it a night. I am relying on him to wake me early, which I’m certain he will. I need to call the dentist about my chipped tooth. My tongue keeps running over the sharp jagged edge. My hope is that they can smooth that and then I will be done. If my plan works out there should be no needles involved. It’s not bothering me I can still eat but I am concerned by leaving it as is I could do more damage and that wouldn’t be good. In case your wondering it’s the tooth on the top left side all the way in the back, the very last one. There is a filling in it already and I remember all too well when I got that work done, it was like 3 layers deep, took forever and I needed serious numbing. I know that Dentist like to remove the old fillings and put in new ones, hopefully I can avoid all that and just go with my simple plan. I’m not a pro and that’s why I am going to the dentist, they are the pros and I know they will steer me in the right direction even thought I might not want to go that route.
Hope you had a great day! Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment