Morning …
It was around 11a yesterday morning and sitting in the living room I noticed that it was snowing. That went on for hours yesterday and we wound up with an additional 5 inches. It made for some good police scanner listening. Wrecks were everywhere and people were told to stay put but no one seemed to listen to that advice.
One of my neighbors across the street came home early from work and he started shoveling his driveway. He made it look like child’s play. Just pushing the snow from the top of his driveway to the bottom and then once he was done pushing the pile at the bottom of the driveway up the street. He’s got a special snow shovel that has a bend in it. We got more snow overnight and his driveway has a little bit of snow.
My other neighbor that clears his driveway just backed his truck in the driveway and closed the garage door. I think he was like me in that I’m done, enough of this already. His driveway is still snow covered as is mine this morning. I waffled about going out to shovel but talked myself out of it, there is just no point in it. I won’t be going out until Friday to set the trash can out. I won’t leave until Saturday so if there is a problem I can deal with it then.
Meanwhile I stayed nice and warm, did some new car browsing on-line. I really want to make a move but am still managing to talk myself out of it for now. I can continue to save money and be car payment free, that is unless I just can’t resist any longer and wind up giving in.
The cats have lost interest in their Christmas toy. I put some cat nip in and on top of it last night in the hopes that will draw them into it, just need to wait and see. They walk over to it sniff and stare at it then walk away. I think I’m going to set a new rule if it costs more than $20 and it’s a cat toy I’m not buying it.
Speaking of cats. Mora didn’t want to leave the couch this morning. I brought the plate of food to her and managed to cajole her into starting to eat a little bit. Once she got started I took it away in the hopes she would follow me. It worked to get her off the couch but she didn’t follow me. I worry a lot when a cat doesn’t eat, just because I’ve been down that road before and it’s scary. I’m sure she was just keeping warm and was comfy but she doesn’t miss breakfast as a rule.
My shoulder was killing me this morning. I broke out the massager and ran it over my neck and shoulder to help get some blood flowing. I was able to put the massager up to Rudy and he didn’t move or flinch. He was in a playful mood, so much so that he decided to start attacking my new pillow and I had to stop him.
Sleep was good with just some brief wake up and then back to sleep periods. A strange dream but I don’t remember it now.
Finished off the Spaghetti from Thanksgiving that I was sent home with. Just have a little bit of Ham and a small piece of Chocolate cake. That won’t last long.
My allergies seem to be on fire so I am headed up for some medicine and going to take it easy for a bit until it’s meeting time. Based on my calendar today as well as the week as a whole looks to be rather easy. I hope that is the way it turns out.
Stay warm and be well. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment