Morning
Yesterday was nice staying in after I had been out in the morning. It was the best decision hands down that I made all day.
Amazon showed up and I got the cats Christmas present put together. They are interested in it or at least they were. Hopefully, that continues.
Rudy climbed up on a small glass table last night where there are candles, keys and of all things a baseball that I found in my yard a few years back. He managed to knock the baseball off along with a couple other items and it sounded horrible. Both cats were jumping around and once I saw the table a mess I knew what happened. I was just around the corner trying to heat up dinner for me. Damn cat had me going downstairs to retrieve a baseball.
Rudy seems to be getting more mischievous as times goes on. He loves to climb and jump. I’ve got a couple cat trees but they aren’t quite suited to his needs all the time. I’d love to know what is going through his mind. He’s also more affectionate and clingy.
I had a late supper, really wasn’t interested in eating much since I had a large lunch polishing off the Turkey & Stuffing. I worked a little bit on the Spaghetti. There is still enough left for one more meal if I am actually hungry. I figured out how to spice it up a bit by throwing in some a pizza blend of cheese that I got. That makes it taste better.
While I really didn’t want to shave and shower last night that too was a good move. Then I settled in my chair with the heating pad. I started with my lower back and gradually moved the pad up until I reached the top. By then my sleeping meds were starting to kick in and I knew that I needed to get in bed.
I felt decent and sleepy last night. Had a strange ass dream but slept until 5a when I was able to roll back over and head right back to dream land. Woke up just before the alarm was going to go off. I was too busy tending to Rudy and forgot about the alarm. Meanwhile I was up and moving in the middle of making my breakfast. The alarm clock went off and Rudy was all ears. He wanted to know what the sound was all about. I turned it off and told him it was my alarm clock, my back up morning biscuit maker.
Had to turn the thermostat up a degree so it’s nice and toasty in here. It’s a bit too toasty for me but the cats seem to like it. Not so bad when I am downstairs.
I’ve managed to plow right through my morning tasks, despite not really wanting to. I am glad to be free from on-call and glad that I wasn’t bothered a single time over the long holiday weekend. Let’s hope that repeats come the last week of the year and into the New Year.
Right now I am done for the day and the day just got started. That is unless someone needs me and I’m sure that in a little bit once things get going that someone will reach out. If not I’m not going to go look for work. I am going to sit back and enjoy the peace & quiet while it lasts.
More snow will be moving in later this evening, looking at 1 to 2 inches and it’s all snow. Both my phone and the forecast on TV now both say that were done with snow after that. I suppose only time will tell. Friday & Saturday were supposed to be back in the 40’s for daytime highs but it’s all over the place for lows from 14 degrees to 28. So it’s still very much Winter like temperatures.
I’ve got to go out and fetch the trash can, apparently they came to pick up trash early this morning. I’m purposely waiting to give it a little chance to warm up a bit before I go get it.
Hope you had a great Sunday. Stay warm and be well. Talk with you all again soon! Best wishes for the week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment