19 December 2025

Car News

Happy Friday!  Hope it was a good day for you. 

I had breakfast at home, lounged around for a bit before taking a shower and heading out to get my vehicle serviced.  I arrived at my friends shop and went into the queue.  I wasn’t in any hurry but at the same time didn’t want to spend all damn day there. 

Had some nice conversations and got to visit, which was enjoyable.  My vehicle was done and didn’t cost a lot but it was more than I expected.  Anyway, I was told that next time we should take a look at the brakes and it will for sure be time for new tires.  I’m approaching 80 thousand miles and still have original brakes.  They work fine and I’ve had no issues.  As for tires well this is like my 4th or 5th set of tires and I’ve gotten the longest life out of the current set.  So it’s not a complete surprise that it would be time for tires.  Overall I was told that it’s in great shape and quite sound.  I also know that the front struts will need to be replaced sooner rather than later, they are still working fine but I’ve been told about them in the past that it’s for sure in my future. 

Knowing all of that it’s a matter of deciding if I want to pay for repairs or if I want to part ways and start making car payments.  I’ve got the money set aside for repairs so it’s not like it would break me and that would certainly be the less expensive route to go.  However, I know that my new car fever isn’t going anywhere. 

My friend told me what I already knew, which is before you buy anything test drive it to make sure you really like it.  I told him that the test drive would most likely turn into me buying something.  I’d like to test drive and then take time to make a decision but I don’t want a bunch of nagging follow up calls or emails asking me if I made a decision yet. 

I had a very late lunch with my friend and chatted a bit more.  I talked about the co-worker that I learned passed away.  Talking helped me but I pretty well have come to terms with it. 

I might test drive something tomorrow or next week.  However, thinking about moving out of my old vehicle in cold weather just doesn’t sound like fun to me.  Plus car payments yeah not a fan of those either.  I know just like that maintenance they are for sure in my future.  However, if I wait and buy more time I can have even more money to put down to help defray them.  Weighing my options and of course I’m paralyzed by choice.  We shall see what the future holds. 

Finally got my lawn care bill in the mail.  The guy that cuts my lawn has started billing randomly.  Well I was expecting a much larger bill than I got but it is the final bill for this year.  Not sure if he was drinking when he prepared the bill but I got 6 free mows according to my records.  I keep a highly accurate record so I don’t get over charged.  Part of me thought about pointing out the mistake but I decided that it was just better to send what they are asking for and call it a day.  I come out ahead.  I am not completely satisfied with his work and the missing mows kind of make up for that. 

Watched the next episode of Heated Rivalry and wow it’s a cliff hanger.  I’m ready for next weeks episode already.  Speaking of which, I was disappointed to learn that Boots won’t be getting a second season, at least not from Netflix.  I’m hopeful that someone else will pick it up and move it on, if that’s possible but it’s not like there is much that I can do.  I thought for sure based on the numbers as well as how popular the show was that it would certainly get a second season.  I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who thought that. 

I checked in at work and wow things went sideways today.  One person got fired, another person quit and there are some other changes.  I’ve got some catch up work to do.  It would only benefit me to do some of it now while I am still off and there is no one to bother or interrupt me, other than 2 cats.  I’m kind of planning for that.  I also know that if I budget an hour it will for sure take much longer.  Once go down the rabbit hole and get focused, I want to keep going and it’s tough to stop.  However, that’s exactly what I did after I combed through my emails and saw what happened.  I know my counterpart is seriously missing me and will be beyond happy once I am back.  I’m glad that I still have another week.  Taking just one week isn’t quite enough. 

Still have many things on my to-do list around here.  As well as places that I need to go to and restaurants that I want to visit.  I just need a little motivation and I will be all set.  I’ve got to stop putting things off until tomorrow because tomorrow turns into the next day and then it eventually goes to someday.  Someday isn’t a day of the week and that’s how I managed to develop a list. 

I’m off to work on the next task or perhaps call it a day since it’s normal bedtime.  I for sure want to get up early tomorrow and go back to Cracker Barrel, they have a new breakfast burger that I want to try and perhaps I will see my crush.  Sunday I think I will go to the buffet and see what all of the “comfort food” is about.  I might just order off the menu but going for a drive will certainly be nice.  Still no invite just yet for Christmas.  I’m not holding my breath.  I think if it’s going to happen it will be an 11th hour invite.  I honestly don’t want to be alone on a holiday. 

Stay warm and be well.

 

No comments: