Morning …
Happy Thanksgiving Eve. Can’t believe that tomorrow will be the BIG DAY I’ve waited for all year long. It’s extra special now that I have plans for surprises with the donation for the toy drive and a birthday present for my friend. While I won’t see any expressions of joy from the kids that my money buys toys from I am looking forward to seeing my friends reaction to her gift.
Sadly I got word yesterday that my W11 laptop is waiting for me in my office to configure. Right now I plan to make a trip over on Friday to knock that task out so I can return my W10 laptop before I am hounded for it. Plus I should beat the snow that is headed our way Friday night into Saturday morning. There will be minimal people in the office and since no one is expecting me I should be uninterrupted or so I hope.
If my plans work out today is the last full day that I will be with the cats this week until Saturday. I’m sure they won’t be happy about it but then again they might just want a break from me. Rudy has been extra hungry and picky over the last couple days. He sure loves to eat, might not be a lot but the joy that washes over him in anticipation of me cracking open a fresh can of food is quite enjoyable to see. I hope that he’s like that for many years to come!
Speaking of which I have to remember to get my insurance policy of food when I go to the grocery store. Baby Food, it’s a cats best friend if they loose their appetite it often helps them get back to eating again. I like to keep a couple cans on hand, even if I wind up throwing them away I’d rather have them and not need them. Rather than not have them and need them. The smellier the food the more they go for it. Ham & Turkey are the best for that. The Ham smells the worst. I got the on-call calendar published yesterday, it was slow enough that I just wanted to knock it out rather than put it off to today which was my initial thought. Glad that it’s done, something else I can check off of my to do list. I expect that today will be extra quiet as people ramp up for travel and time off, at least I hope that is the way it goes. Sadly I have a couple meetings with the boss who loves to yack. Especially before a holiday weekend he will be extra talkative or so I expect. My time off got approved so back to work after Thanksgiving for 2 weeks, then I am off for 2 weeks and back for the last few days of what is left of 2025. This year is pretty well cooked as most years are when Thanksgiving time rolls around. I’m off to pay bills and relax and enjoy the quiet while it lasts. Hope that it’s a great day for all of us. Be safe, stay warm and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment