25 November 2025

Productive Monday

Good morning!

Hope you slept well and that today is off to a good start.

Work wasn’t terribly busy yesterday but there were bursts of work scattered throughout the day.  Had one meeting where I had to listen to the boss yammer on.  It was a training session for a new person on a different team that we work with. I am sure the person was quite familiar with the subject matter.  It was a time waster for me but I just spoke up when it was appropriate and otherwise I was surfing on my home machine.

I applied postage to my Christmas cards and weighed them all again, no change in weight so a First Class Stamp is all that I needed.  Got everything bundled up and ready to go come Thursday. 

Made a call to the police to find out about their charity toy drive.  I learned about this earlier this year on my ride along.  Found out how to make a donation and have that ready to go.  Glad that I called so I don’t have to make a trip to the bank first.  I was able to write a check.  Just knowing that I’m bringing some joy to some kids and potentially changing their Christmas makes me feel good. 

When I head out on Thursday I will leave a bit early so I can drop off the donation at the police department and then hit up a post office to mail my Christmas Cards.  It’s a tradition that I mail them on the day of Thanksgiving.  Then I can head to dinner and wait to spring the birthday surprise on my friend.  I am very much looking forward to this whole day.

Speaking of Christmas, I found the cats a present.  It’s a Cattasarus Peekaboo Cat Cave.  It’s a bed, tunnel and scratching surface all in one.  Easy to assemble just zip up and easy to clean, just unzip.  It costs less than their birthday present (a cat treadmill) which is largely unused.  I hope that I’m not wasting my money and just knowing them I think this will be something they both take a keen interest to.  It will double as a hiding place so it will be another place I have to look for them when those times occur that I can’t find them, which is rare.  There’s no waiting for Christmas here for gifts I will give it to them early.  Haven’t ordered it yet but it won’t be long. 

No word on my W11 laptop at work so right now it looks like I can stay home on Friday if I want to.  Learned last night that we will have some rain and snow moving into the area just in time for Saturday. Temperatures are also going to drop over the next few days so it will really feel like Thanksgiving!

Finished my Chinese food last night and much to my surprise neither cat bothered me.  My fortune cookie said that I have an unusually magnetic personality.  I laughed and said yeah and everyone wants to be my friend.  Later I had a warmed Apple Fritter topped with cinnamon sugar and washed that down with a glass of milk.  It was some good eating. 

Sleep wasn’t the best.  I woke up around 5a for a bathroom break and Rudy was chomping at the bit to get fed.  I ignored him but he managed to wake me up and I had to watch some TV to fall back asleep.  It was only fitting that when I dosed off he was sitting on my chest keeping me company, which helped to relax me.  Come time to really get up and I just wanted to stay in bed.  Yet here I am up and working.  We all got breakfast too.   

Thus far work today is dead but I do expect things to heat up a bit.  Most folks have mentally already checked out and the rest of them are probably gearing up for travel.  I have semi-checked out but tomorrow will be the longest day ever and by that point I think we all will have checked out, despite the fact that the work must continue. 

Hope that your chugging along and staying warm in the process.  Take care.

No comments: