01 March 2024

Ah, Friday

Good Morning … Glad that we made it to another Friday.  This has been a brutal and busy week for me.  Yesterday was a bit more relaxed as I had hoped but I had my moments.  I napped yesterday a couple times so it’s no wonder that my sleep quality was horrible.  I was awake several times.  I only got up to use the bathroom.  Mora gave me one of her magic hugs, which helped.  Rudy was on top of me early this morning just waiting for me to wake up.  He fought me to get up early but lost that battle. 

I keep calling Rudy ‘salesman’ because that’s kind of how he won me over.  On the first visit back when I was considering adoption, he was all over me and gave me kisses on my forehead and really sold the fact that he would be a great cat.  Now he sells me on getting him food or trying to get up early.  He’s never stopped trying to be a salesman.  He seems to perk up when I call him that and it’s just become a habit over the last couple days.  So glad that I have him and his sister.  Even though at times they both can be a bit much. 

Woke up to find that my remaining tax refund was deposited in my bank account, which was a nice surprise to wake up to.  I quickly moved the money into savings, so it’s there for that rainy day or when I want to buy something.  It’s money I don’t need to spend right now. 

We had a nice coating of snow this morning, so it looked like Frosted Mini Wheat outside.  It’s going to melt off as the day moves forward and were back to more summer like temperatures for the weekend in the upper 70’s.  Perfect weather for working outside or washing the car.  None of which I really want to do. 

Finished off my Stouffer’s casserole last night.  Third day and it was difficult to swallow.  I was just tired of it.  Something about Cheddar Cheese and me doesn’t seem to mix well as of late.  I’ve always been a fan of cheese but you can eat too much.  I’ve got some Jack Daniels BBQ Pork on deck for tonight.  That should be good but I know it will be messy. 

Got my haircut early tomorrow morning and I am sure I won’t be happy about getting up early.  I want Hardee’s for breakfast.  Something about their gravy is calling me.  I can grab the food and eat.  Then hit the post office and make it to the barber shop if I manage to get up early enough and get moving.  Not sure what I will do after the barber shop.  I could go to see my friends but I am on the fence about that.  I do have cat food shopping to do and know that I will want to grab a bite to eat for supper just not sure where I want to go yet.  Got a couple ideas I am mulling over.  

My back is still driving me nuts.  My lower back which had a previous injury as a child is starting to bother me now.  I’ve got 4 herniated and degenerative disc.  I think the disc are gone but haven’t had a repeat image study to confirm that.  I just know the pain that comes with it, as it burns like fire.  That’s why I tell massage therapists to stay away from that area but none of them seem to listen to me.  I can assure you that won’t happen again I will be much more firm about no touchy!  Oddly enough for years and years I have been asymptomatic, just take my NSAID and life is good.  Miss that pill and life is rough.  I am not looking to irritate this issue since it’s only asking for trouble.  I was supposed to have back surgery when I was younger if this bothered me enough but that never came about and I hear lots of horror stories about back surgery.  It’s not something I want now or ever, unless it’s the absolute last resort. 

I missed the meeting I was supposed to attend yesterday afternoon.  I was sleepy and just not in the mood to sit through the babble so I skipped it.  I’ve got one meeting this morning in less than an hour and after that hopefully it will be all quiet or close to it for the rest of the day.  That would be the perfect end to this hellish week. 

Hope all is moving along well in your world and that you have a great weekend.  Talk with you all again soon, be well!

No comments: