Morning … I hope all is well. Watched a bizarre mini series on Netflix last night called Don’t Pick Up The Phone. It’s about a hoax phone call to restaurants [mostly fast food] where the caller would claim to be a police officer, accuse a female employee of theft and then get their manager to strip search them and in at least one case have the victim preform a sex act. It’s something that I never ever heard of and something that you think would clearly standout as fraud or a hoax but multiple people participated in it. One guy ruined a lot of peoples lives with his hoax. If you like true crime or mystery you’d be interested in this 3 part series. Take about 3 hours give or take to watch the whole thing.
Looks like a jury has been picked in the James Crumbly trial and they are starting. I will watching this off and on as it plays out. I suspect the trial will be at least a full week if not slightly longer. Very interesting to see how this will turn out.
I’ve been hooked on court proceedings ever since the Jennifer Crumbly trial. I’ve been watching a Judge out of District Court in Michigan. He is entertaining and reminds me of an old colleague that I used to work with, who passed away a couple years ago. The judge always manages to incorporate some humor and laughing in to most of his proceedings. However, if you make him mad look out he will come for you and you won’t like it. Yesterday a 19 year old girl appeared before him and he asked her if she wanted an attorney to represent her. Her response shocked me, she said I don’t know what an attorney is or what they do. The judge took time to explain it to her and she opted for an attorney. Turns out she didn’t have her high school diploma yet. However, I knew what an attorney was at a young age. They were called Lawyers back in my day but by the time I turned 19 they were referred to mostly as attorneys. Every once and a while you will find some odd ball thing that just makes watching the proceedings interesting. Typically each day has a different topic for the docket.
My upper back has really been bothering me. I broke out the foam roller yesterday at lunch and laid on it. Rudy tried to help me. He loves to poke his nose into damn near everything, it’s cute but sometimes he just makes me want to scream. Laying on this thing helped me a little but I still struggled with the pain. Kind of feels like something is out of place. I know that my posture is not the best. It was pretty good when I was younger but as I got older and lazier I just gave up and am more interested in comfort than sitting up straight. I’ve got my massage next weekend and hope that will help to work some of this out. Rudy gives a decent massage when he makes biscuits but I just can’t control where he pushes. It’s usually on my stomach or upper chest and it’s typically only in the morning. If I could train him to work on my back it would be great. I said the same thing about my Bear back when he was alive and younger. He was a heavy guy built more like Mora and if he pushed you felt it.
I’ve got today and tomorrow with the boss and then he is on vacation for a week. I got invited to a second meeting yesterday that turned out to be nothing but people chasing their tails, talking over each other and it was a huge waste of time. However, I was there. Unless something comes up, were done with meetings for this week. I already know one I have to go to next week that I won’t enjoy.
I managed to get an early start because Rudy woke me up an hour early and that was after I had a bit of insomnia last night. When he’s hungry he is hungry. I’ve knocked out all of my work for the entire day and unless something comes rolling in that needs my attention I can pretty well sit back, watch TV and relax for the day. Got to gather and take out the trash. We have nothing but non stop rain for the next 48 hours and that won’t be any fun, but they say we need the rain. My lawn is starting to shape up and look like it’s ready for a cut, it won’t be much longer.
Hoping for a relaxing and quiet day. This week is moving by rather quickly and that is always a good thing. I keep thinking about that Mexican food I spoke of yesterday. I’ve already got my order in my head and am looking forward to it.
Talk with you all again soon, take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment