27 March 2024

Back to Normal

Hey there, welcome in/back… Yesterday is finally in the past.  I sat around largely with not much to do.  I found a couple things to occupy my time but I breezed through them.  It just makes for such a long day with nothing to do.  It’s worse when I am physically in the office instead of working from home.  There is plenty to keep me occupied here at home.  Had 1/2 of my Chicken Bacon Ranch wrap that I brought for lunch which made me quite full.  Took the other 1/2 home and wound up having it for supper instead of Chinese.  I left early and damn it was cold outside, colder than when I went in the morning.  Since I parked in a different place I didn’t think I would ever find my automobile, I forgot how far away I parked, it was quite the hike.  The phone went nuts on the way home with emails from work.  I fed the cats when I walked in the door and then logged on to see what mess was there.  Thankfully just a couple things that required a small amount of attention and my day was done!  I could finally take off my coat, clothes and unwind/relax.  I found myself starting to doze, I was exhausted that’s when I got up to get something to eat.  About an hour later I was laying on the couch and wound up indulging in a quick nap.  I needed that.  Slept pretty good overnight but there were a couple interruptions. 

Here I am staring morning right in the face again.  I’ve knocked out all of my tasks.  Now just have to have lunch and then there is a late afternoon meeting because the boss man took the morning off.  We could easily get by skipping the meeting like we did when he was on vacation but he loves to hear himself talk so we get to gather for that, oh joy!

It feels good to be in the middle of the week that means the end is around the corner.  Still waiting on that Easter invitation not sure if it will happen but I am not holding my breath either.  Saturday will be a busy morning to get everything I normally do on Sunday done that day but I know it will all come together.  I just hate waking up early.  Got a massage on Saturday as well and I am looking forward to it. 

This year appears to be taking off as I can’t believe we are about to enter the fourth month (April) already.  Time, it’s always ticking even when your not. 

Watched the latest episodes of The Connors and The Neighborhood last night.  The rest of the evening was occupied with YouTube videos. 

The cats are really chowing on the dry food.  I do not look forward to my next trip to the pet food store.  They eat two different kinds of dry food and damn it’s not cheap, add that in with their regular canned food and $$$.  I complain but like my late spouses mom used to say, I’d rather pay a food bill than a vet bill any day of the week.  I’ve been seeing ads on social media for Hill’s (I think) they have a special food for cats that are fighting cancer.  Kind of unique and I’m sure the price isn’t cheap.  It’s great to see science advance to help our furry friends.  I pass by the vet’s office all the time and I can’t help but think of how much money I’ve sunk into that place.  Glad that I don’t have a reason to go back but I know that time in that regard is working against me.  Be it an injury/illness or if I just need to get them shots so that I can board them.  Until that time I am just savoring the break that I have been given, it’s very much needed.  Still miss all of my family, furry and not furry.  Those were the days. 

I wonder what fun will be in store for today?  I know that when I go back to the office next I should have new monitors.  Everyone that gets them raves about them.  I was quite happy with what I had so if it didn’t happen I wouldn’t be disappointed. 

Going off to sift through eye candy to see what I can scour up for your viewing pleasure a bit later today.  As always I hope all is well and that life is being kind to you.  Take care!

No comments: