Morning everyone!
Yesterday was a busy day. One of my meetings got cancelled and moved. The meeting at the end of the day that I thought would be quick turned out to be long and opened quite the can of worms. My boss deviated from his personal plan to just let me advocate for myself and instead he is taking items from that meeting to his boss, which is why I say it opened a huge can of worms. His boss is going to want all kind of change and will be asking some questions. I do not look forward to how this is going to turn out because I am sure that it will involve procedure changes on my part and my life will be come a little more complex. Hopefully, I am spared the true extra work that will weigh me down.
Today’s agenda has two meetings in store, one of which is our regular weekly call. This should be a hum dinger. I learned yesterday that our boss got strep throat the very day that he went on vacation. Sadly he is able to talk and seems to be doing better. I’m just not the biggest fan of management they tend to cause chaos and add work. I like to be left alone. I know good luck with that. Hey I can dream, there is no charge for that.
Had a semi-relaxing evening with Rudy and Mora. Watching YouTube. We caught a live broadcast with the family friend of Riley Strain that went on for about an hour. I learned a little more. I also watched Nancy Grace who featured Riley’s story. There are more boots on the ground looking for him now and I am hopeful that the search will be fruitful and they will find him. It’s still mind boggling that someone so young, mature and large in stature could just vanish. The family is still holding out hope that he will be alive and returned to them, but the longer this goes on causes great concern for me and I can’t help but think that he is no longer alive, as there is no proof of life thus far. I do hope that I am wrong and there is one hell of a backstory that Riley is able to tell to fill in the blanks, that would be very interesting to hear.
I had a horrible nightmare last night about Gator and my late spouse was with me. I woke up at one point to see Rudy sitting on top of me and I knew it was a nightmare. I went back to sleep only to pickup right where the nightmare left off. I hate when that happens. It’s not such a bad thing when it’s a sexy dream or something at least pleasant.
I made a haircut appointment for early in the day on Saturday. I kind of regret that now because I know that I will need to get up early on Sunday to take care of a task at work. It’s like it will be the no sleep in weekend. That’s not to say that I won’t nap, I will get my sleep one way or another. My goal for Saturday is to get up and get moving, possibly go see some friends before one of them goes on vacation. It’s just that human interaction I need. It will all depend upon how I feel after my haircut if I move forward or retreat back home to bed. I could easily put the haircut off a week but with Easter around the corner I figure that the sooner the better.
Speaking of Easter I should get an invite to my friends place where they usually have Honey Baked Ham. That won’t come until last minute so I don’t hold my breath. I know that next weekend I will need to go to the grocery store on Saturday because the stores will be closed on Easter. The stores haven’t put up signs about that but it’s the same every year. I remember one year when me and my late spouse were caught off guard and tried to go to the store on Easter only to find them closed. Ever since then I never ever forget that.
All of my morning tasks are done and my meetings don’t start up until closer to mid-day around lunch. Here’s hoping for some quiet time so I can relax a bit. I know as soon as I get comfy is when the onslaught will occur which is why I try to move slower in the hopes that I can catch it before I relax and get comfy. Sometimes that works and other times not so much.
Take care and have a great day. I will talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment