17 July 2023

Storms

Morning, I hope that your weekend was good and you had time to relax.  I took Saturday and did nothing.  I was on-line in the afternoon for a very brief moment and then again in the evening.  I napped, watched TV and spent the bulk of the day in my room.  I had all sorts of ideas for plans but I didn’t want to be bothered putting them into motion. 

Thus Sunday was a catchup day where I crammed a bunch of things into the day and managed to get all of them done.  We had storms in the evening, knocking out the internet and interrupting my sleep because my Echo went off-line and that killed my white noise.  Rudy was also all over me because I guess he was afraid of the storms.  Needless to say I don’t feel like I got a lot of sleep but I know I got some. 

Morea was in bed with me as well but she wasn’t scared, just sticking with the family as per usual.  She was like a rock at the end of the bed in her normal spot.  If she ever gets scared I hate to see it because I will have my hands full.  She is a big girl and not light like her brother.

Speaking of the furry creatures.  I went cat food shopping yesterday.  I wanted to get them some Science Diet dry food for Hairballs but all I could find was for cats 7+, I grabbed it not thinking and then just before I walked away I saw the age.  I put it back and wound up getting their normal food.  I got some canned food for hairballs and dropped $70.  I wasn’t expecting that but the dry food drove up the cost.  I thought food shopping for Gator was expensive every week, thankfully what I got will last for a couple weeks so it’s not like I will need to go back next week.   

This morning were playing games with you have an internet connection now and now you don’t.  It’s like a yo-yo.  I think it’s stabilized but I thought that earlier and was mistaken.  I can use my phone as a hot spot but for some reason I can’t be on my VPN on the phone or my computer thinks there is no internet connection.  It never used to be like that.  I’ll sort that out at some point. 

I have some laundry to catchup on, I planned to do that today but we have more storms rolling into the area.  My power thus far has been fine and usually is during storms.  When we first moved here years ago things were not nearly as stable as they are today.  Although the power didn’t go out that much, the internet would go out with a simple rain shower or a minor pickup in the wind.

I am once again on-call and not happy about it but I do hope for quiet.  The boss is back from his vacation which is too bad for me.  I still have time to use though so it’s not all bad.  I just have to settle on when I want to use it.  I don’t know that I will actually go anywhere or get anything done around here.  Calling for a dumpster and filling it sounds appealing but that is more like work than vacation. 

My mind is spinning this morning and I honestly just want to walk away, hope that I am not needed and can skate by Monday.  That is not how my luck goes but it did work rather well on Friday.  I had a couple emails to answer but I got to take the day off pretty much, while never saying a word about it.  That was sweet because last week was very stressful. 

Here’s hoping that this week is way better than last (despite the boss being back) and that the weekend comes around faster.  May the odds be ever in your favor.  Talk with you all again soon!

No comments: