29 July 2023

Eventful Saturday

Howdy, I hope all is well and that your staying, cool, hydrated and are safe.  I rolled out of bed this morning at 5a.  Had breakfast, fed the cats, got showered and dressed.  Then drove to work.  I replaced the part that I needed to, but that didn’t fix the problem.  I tried a few more things which took up hours.  Finally I realized we need to call a tech, I’ve done all I can do and it’s not working.  I dropped that news via email to a Manager and am waiting to hear back.  The last thing I wanted to do was drive to work on a Saturday but I don’t like to work with an audience around.  The lobby of the building felt really cool and nice.  I walked over to the thermostat and it was set on 73.  Damn that’s really nice.  I was back home by 10a. 

I grabbed a donut, had a soda and took a short nap.  The cats were all over me.  Got my haircut shorter and it’s going to itch growing back but it will take a bit longer to grow back so that’s the nice part.  Came back home because my sugar was dropping.  I ate a sleeve of Oreo’s and had another soda.  That helped. 

I managed to crank out two stories today and it’s almost 9p.  I want to start on another.  My purple disposable fountain pen went dry on me.  I grabbed a comfy rollerball and damn if that didn’t go dry on me as well. 

We had some wicked storms here, thankfully no damage that I know of.  The house smells funny again.  I’ve noticed the odor was faint over the last few days but it seems stronger since the rain moved in.  I went to a few spots in the house, everything upstairs is dry.  I am eager to get to the basement tomorrow and check to see if I can feel anything wet in the ceiling.  I hope to not find a problem but the gutters need to be cleaned again. 

Once the storm passed, it was still raining and I went out to grab cat food, the mail and a bite to eat.  I stayed local as much as I didn’t want to.  I didn’t want to leave the cats alone in a storm.  They appreciated that I was home.  Both of them were all over me.  I’ve passed out my fair share of attention.  They are both fast asleep right now but I expect they will be waking up soon as were nearing our normal nighttime routine. 

Last night I started and finished a story.  I am not terribly happy about the way it turned out so I will probably do a rewrite or maybe just serious editing when I type it up.  I watched some porn, and this morning I remember what happened last night. 

I was a little upset this morning when I got the Apple update for Twitter.  It’s now a Black X and the name has changed to X.  I heard Apple had some app store problems because they require a minimum number of characters for their apps.  However, I didn’t encounter any problems.  I’ve opened the app.  That’s where I get a lot of porn news and see some hot videos and photos.  Just saying, if your into gay porn that’s a great resource.  Most of the porn stars have accounts and they post clips to promote their OF accounts. 

While I was at it I made my rounds on social media and am all caught up.  Turns out even thought I skipped most of the week, I didn’t miss much of anything.  Kind of funny how that worked out. 

Yesterday I pulled the trigger and put in for a full week of vacation, I am waiting for approval but I don’t expect any problems.  I haven’t made any plans yet.  Once I get the green light I am going to call to check into dumpster rentals, see what exactly you can throw in and the cost, how long I can have it, how many times they will empty, etc.  If the stars align I plan to do some serious house cleaning.  Kind of chip away at it each day.  It won’t be that much fun but if it happens I imagine a lot of things that I have wondered where they went I will find.  I fully expect to find some dead mice and/or nesting material, the exterminator already told me that months ago.  If this happens then I expect to be better suited to move if I so desire.  I am conflicted about keeping this place but it’s a lot of house for one person and the maintenance it needs along with repairs, I know I will sell it at a loss but I expect for an even break if I would sell, maybe walk away with a little bit.  A friend encouraged me to fix the place up and then sell, I’d get maximum value, I could list it instead of taking a low ball offer from a company that flips houses.  The difference is that I could walk away with probably 200k versus breaking even.  The place is worth about 300k and I think that is crazy.  Nothing in this neighborhood is really worth that amount of money but it’s what the market value is right now. 

I expect that I will probably just sit on my lazy fat ass during my time off.  Eat out, get work on the car done.  I am considering buying a new one.  Just paying the rest of the loan off early and then jumping right back into debt.  I think that the payment will be less because of the equity I have in my present vehicle, my credit score is better now than when I bought my current vehicle and I am certain I would qualify for top of the line lowest interest rate.  However, I think about how uncertain the future is and the fact that what I am driving now still has very low miles and is in really good shape.  I should just hold off longer.  I think that is the way I can get maximum value out of the investment.  Sure I’d get less in trade in when I when I got to that point but think of all of the cash I would be able to horde and tuck away, that will all earn interest and I would be in even better shape.  Then again I think hell you could drop dead tomorrow why not live life in the fast lane and hope that you don’t crash.  My worry is either my job would go south, the house would fall apart, the cats would get sick or I would get sick.  All of those things are possible, not that anyone of them is going to happen but I really do a great job of looking at the dark side of things just before I am considering making another financial commitment. 

Kind of in a talkative mood tonight.  Don’t really want to go to bed and I sure don’t want to get up early tomorrow to get breakfast before the crowd hits.  I’ve got laundry to take care of , house cleaning as well and the dreaded trip to the grocery store.  I am doing the dishes tonight before bed, as usual.  I just want to keep going.  That nap I had kind of gave me an extra boost.  I might skip breakfast out, get out in the afternoon.  It all depends on what time I wake up and how I feel.  It’s going to be another hot damn day and there are more storms on the way.  The majority of my lawn is dead but I’ve seen it bounce back with a good soaking.  The grass guys still come cut it all dead or alive until they either hit their end of season period of I think it’s time to stop.  We still have several months to go but it will be here before you know it. 

Enough babbling, you take care I’ll talk with you again soon. 

 

No comments: