05 July 2023

Back 2 The Grind

Morning!  I hope that you had a great weekend & holiday.  I finally got nachos and they were “just okay”.  I tried to get a Philly Cheesesteak but we had some storms and that caused a lot of power problems.  The place where I went on Monday was only taking cash and no cards so that canceled that out.  I will go back to try again perhaps over the weekend. 

All 4 days went by way too fast.  Speaking of 4 the cats are now 4 years old.  They celebrated their birthday’s yesterday and it was just another day.  I did a good amount of sleeping yesterday and even turned into bed early as the fireworks started.  I turned on some extra white noise but that did something but it didn’t drown them out entirely. 

Went to my friends house and had a meal, it wasn’t the usual dried out burgers they had a little bit of flavor but weren’t done to my satisfaction.  There were a ton of sides and they started the meal with salad but I opted out of that.  Who eats salad on the 4th of July?  They always wait about an hour after everyone is done before they serve desert, I hate that practice but I waited.  For the first time ever I left shortly after I was done with desert.  They were talking about church, ancestry, travel and those topics were causing me to yawn they were so boring.  I might see them around the time of my birthday but the next time were all together will likely be Thanksgiving.  They do have a Labor Day block party but that is an outdoor thing and I am not a outdoor person when it comes to food and fun.  Between the heat and the bugs I don’t have a good time. 

As you might well imagine I came back to a mess in my inbox.  I peeked on Monday night and shuttered to think about coming back this morning.  I am caught up and now it’s just meeting city today.  I’ve been to two already and have 2 more to go, which are back to back.  Then unless something comes in I am pretty well free for the rest of the day.  We have today and tomorrow with the boss and then his ass is on vacation for a week and a couple days.  I look forward to the silence.  I have no plans to go in to the office this week but I do plan to go in next week.  This week is only 3 days and it just seems a bit much. 

Just got a call from the boss, we have to meet tomorrow about the email I sent him.  He wants to resolve whatever my concern is and try to get me feeling better about work.  It’s like he never read my letter and I can easily see me flying off the handle and telling him to go fuck himself but I will listen to whatever it is he has to say.  I don’t know that I will have much to contribute.  I think this is an exercise to try to brain wash me or help me to forget what my concern was in the first place.  I can’t or won’t forget how my review and pay raise were less than what I truly deserved.  Either he can fix this or he can’t.  If he can then fix it and if he can’t then tell me so.  I tried to get him to spit it all out now but he told me he wasn’t fully prepared.  He acted like he had no idea what my concern even was.  I fucking hate games that makes me go bananas.  I’m very close to my breaking point so I have to try to restrain myself as best as I can. 

Speaking of games.  I had a former boss come to town and put it out that he was up to see old friends.  I threw out multiple suggestions on getting together but rather than come out and say that he would prefer not to catch up with me, he played games.  It got to a point where I just stopped responding because I got the message he was sending without saying the actual words.  I will never interact with him again, come back or don’t come back I don’t care.  This is the same boss/friend that I traveled hours to see his mom’s wake during COVID.  I have had enough of the cold shoulder and games I know when it’s time to walk away. 

I didn’t accomplish all of the tasks I had planned but I got a good portion of them done.  Really the only two things were hitting up a store to look at new shoes and to hit up Sam’s club.  I am overloaded on Bakery items now so it really made no sense to go to Sam’s for just soda.  I plan to hit up Target this weekend and I will grab some soda there and that will give me the chance to eat some of this bakery stuff but I can easily tell you there will be something left.  I’m surrounded by chocolate cake & muffins.  Me and my memory aren’t exactly what they used to be. 

On that happy note, I see there is some more work headed down the pike and I am going to jump on that.  I am not exactly depressed today but I am not exactly happy.  I am much better when I am away from work.  Suddenly a week of vacation doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me. 

Take care and I hope that all is well and you are staying hydrated, cool and life is treating you well. 

No comments: