15 May 2023

Relaxing Weekend

Morning … I hope that you had a nice weekend.  Unfortunately it’s another Monday and that means for most of us back to work.  UGH! 

Saturday morning I was up early, took care of the cats, got a shower and went to breakfast.  Then saw my friends and came back home.  I thought that would be temporary but it turned out to be an all day thing.  I didn’t want to go back out at all.  I loafed around the house, I did get a couple things accomplished, nothing major. 

Sunday I was up early and out to eat quick.  Being Mother’s Day all of the restaurants around here fill up super quick.  I went to my usual place and they pre-made all of the food so unfortunately everything but the eggs tasted like crap.  Even the soda was flat but I didn’t complain and turns out I wasn’t even charged for the soda.

I went at normal pace but it sure seemed like a mad dash through the grocery store.  The one thing I forgot was water for the cats.  They have a standby 2 gallons so I think were good. 

Hit up the gas pump after not keeping a full tank and man that was expensive.  Then home to unload, stop and rest. 

I was supposed to go back out for cat food but I decided to milk it.  Were on the tail end of the wet food so the selection isn’t the greatest but there is enough there for them to eat for the week.  The dry food is the same, coming up on the tail end.  I just dread the pet food store so much and the total that comes up on the register I am trying to hide.  That will only work one more week and then next week I HAVE to go or they will be out of food. 

Morea is still getting used to the new water fountain.  She drank a bunch and the tank started to replenish what she drank and that just caught her off guard.  She stared the fountain like what is wrong with this thing, is it going to take off on me.  I’ve seen Rudy drink from it but he is so covert in his trips that it’s tough to catch him.  For Morea it isn’t a big deal. 

I tried out my new razor last night.  The verdict is it’s a great handle and provides a smooth shave.  Blade rinses clean easily.  However, there is no edge trimmer on the top and that kicks this out for me.  I need that to trim under my nose and to help keep my sideburns even.  It also can help around the ears on occasion.  I like it but am disappointed.  I’ve got an Amazon brand on my list that I may jump to or just switch back to Gillette. 

I picked up some Magnesium.  It’s suppose to help quell insomnia.  It wasn’t cheap but I took a pill yesterday afternoon.  I had muscle knots all day long in my back and after a few hours it was like everything just relaxed.  The pain started to dissipate.  I don’t know if that was all in my head.  I slept great last night but only because I had napped all day long off and on, I took a double dose of medicine to ensure I would sleep good.  The real test will come this week to see if this stuff works.  Particularly Friday night into Saturday.  For some dumb reason I can sleep okay during the week but the weekend just does something to my sleep routine.  I’ve got no idea why but hopefully this works and if it makes my muscles relax well that’s just added benefit for me.  It’s not going to replace a massage but I can use all of the help I can get. 

Morea got some basement time yesterday.  Her brother was eating and I needed to look after the laundry.  She follows me everywhere so I had to coax her into the basement.  I thought for sure her brother would figure things out before I closed the door but thankfully he didn’t figure it out until after.  She was so happy down here nosing around.  Plus it was much cooler down here so I liked it.  Not sure how that sat with her.  You can feel the humidity smack you in the face when you head up back up stairs.  It’s the same way in the winter you feel the warmth as you climb.  It feels good in the Winter but not so much in the Spring/Summer months. 

Speaking of change of seasons I switched out my wardrobe yesterday.  I didn’t wear nearly all of my long sleeve shirts.  I used to have quite the collection of short sleeve shirts.  I still have plenty to wear but it feels like short sleeves have dwindled.  I also seem to remember having way more t-shirts than I do today. 

In camera news, I discovered we have 2 deer that wonder across the front yard in the early morning hours.  Not every day but I saw them on camera Saturday morning and again this morning.  It looks to be 2 youngsters.  They nibble on one of my bushes.  It’s all good by me.  If that is the only thing that I discover that is happening at night I am okay with it.  I can’t wait to put up more cameras who knows what kind of wildlife or critters I will discover. 

As for work, I’ve got a meeting this afternoon but other than that the day is wide open and all of my tasks thus far are complete.  I hope for quiet but don’t know that will happen at least for a long period of time. 

Here’s hoping it’s a great day and a great week for all.  Take care and I will talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: