I waited all day for the boom to lower on what I knew was something my co-worker that was out sick missed. Of course it didn’t happen until after my work day was done. That made for a long evening. I got that issue taken care of. Then work just started pouring in and I figured might as well take care of it, I’m already in the system. Long story short I told the cats it would be a few minutes and I would be back. That was a few minutes just after 5p. I didn’t come back up until after 6p.
The extra work made for a very short evening. I had some Ravioli for supper which was really good. Found a new series on Netflix that I’ve finished. It’s called Missing Dead or Alive. Very captivating and it drew me in that I passed up my social media hour. When the first case was done I made my rounds on social media.
The cats weren’t happy because I was running behind and they thought I would skip treat time. That didn’t happen. I did however realized this morning that I forgot to top off the dry food bowl and that was on my list.
Things were kind of helter skelter since I was behind and trying to play catchup. Of course I neglected my back and I felt it this morning when I woke up. My muscles were all tense and hurting.
Got in some time with Rudy this morning before I rolled out of bed. He tried more than once to coax me out of bed by trying to wash my face but I caught him in time and blew in his face. That caused him to rethink his move. He didn’t like the air and it caught him off guard. I had an hour to pass when he first woke me up but by the time I got him to settle down it was 30 minutes. I didn’t go back to sleep just laid and tossed around a bit. Then decided to get up and get going.
Breakfast was had and then I got my Morea time. She loves belly rubs and is asking for them all the time now. I just started a few days ago. Glad she trusts me enough for that task. Cats are protective of their stomach because that is the pathway to all of their organs. I learned this the other day but every cat has a pooch, some skin that hangs down on their stomach. That is for protection and in the hopes that if attacked by a predator it will go for that instead of their stomach. The cats not necessarily fat which is usually what I thought when I saw that. Social media can be educational at times, presuming what I just stated is accurate. It sounds logical to me.
Thus far it’s a calm Thursday. I’ve knocked out all of my work. Just waiting for something to come in. I know that there is something headed my way I just don’t know when it’s going to hit. It’s a rush job so I’ve got my eye out.
I thought a lot overnight about my colleague and his fuck ups. I started to compose an email in my head but then I had the thought let it go. He either will or will not apologize. If he does that is when I will capitalize and pounce. If he doesn’t well then my anger will just build. This has to change. If I worked like he did I would have been fired a long time ago or so I think. Perhaps I should lower my standards but that is not in me. I was raised a certain way and trained a certain way. I like to do things right the first time, beats having to go back and fix mistakes. Not that I don’t make them but not nearly as often as he does. His mistakes are usually massive and gross neglect. My mistakes are not the same thing. Once and a while I make a whopper but I try to limit those to every couple years. I know no one is perfect but our boss is useless to try to enforce this. He has no spine and will let you talk your way out of most anything. Plus he waffles so today he’s all gung ho about this and tomorrow is no big deal. However, the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t.
I hope that the day stays like it is now and I can relax a bit. I had my orange break yesterday and man they tasted horrible. I go for the cuties which are smaller and easy peel but no seeds. I am starting to think I need to go for the normal oranges with seeds, at least the taste is predictable. I don’t like waxy skin tasting oranges it ruins the experience. However, I’ve got a small bag and need to get them gone, just not certain I will buy more of the same thing. At first they were awesome now no so much. Kind of like my co-worker.
It’s trash day here which I don’t look forward to. However I’ll get it out this afternoon. The two worst parts are pushing it out to the curb and then tomorrow morning when there is the march of the trash trucks and they make all of their noise starting at 6a. They are here usually around 5:45a but I don’t start to hear them until 6a. That should be the next invention a quiet trash truck. I’m sure it’s in the works with everything changing to EV’s but it’s probably years away.
Here’s hoping that it’s a great day for all of us. Take care and I will talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment