Last night I had finished up for the day and headed upstairs. I was up about 15 minutes. Then my phone rang and it was HR. I answered and turns out they needed a favor. There was a “confidential” matter going on and they needed to temporarily cut someone’s access. As you might imagine my heart rate when up when I saw caller id. I was relieved that the call wasn’t about me or something that I did or failed to do.
I had to head back downstairs for a bit. Then up and after a rushed dinner back down. It took up about 45 minutes of my time but as soon as I was done I sprinted back upstairs to be with the cats.
I got claw trimming done last night. Rudy wasn’t happy about it but he tolerated it a lot better than his sister. She got me on my leg and tried to escape multiple times. I had to hold her down but managed to get both paws done. That kind of made them both angry at me but it was short lived. I passed out treats later in the evening and after that life went back to normal.
Rudy woke me up during the night and I had problems going back to sleep. Had to watch a little TV. Then back to sleep. The trash trucks woke me up and Rudy was all up in my face. I played with that for a half hour and then finally got up.
My knee on the opposite leg that Rudy bit me on has been acting up. It started long before the bite. A few months ago I was in the shower and bent down, I heard a pop in that knee and figured that wasn’t anything good. It hurt like crazy afterwards but a few days later and everything went back to normal. It’s kind of warm now and that is a little concerning.
The foot that Rudy bit me on is doing okay. I stopped putting ointment on it yesterday. The itching has subsided and it is looking better. I am still watching it because you never know.
Ah this body I am ready to trade it in for a new one and a way better looking one at that. A much newer model would be nice. Shame that can’t happen.
Rain was in the forecast for tomorrow but it’s been pushed to Sunday. I am still on the fence on what exactly I am doing tomorrow. I will probably fly by the seat of my pants and a lot of that depends on my mood, energy levels and overall how I feel in general.
One thing I know for sure is that when I stop for the day today I want to sever my ties with work for 2 full days. I don’t want to be called back, called because there is an emergency or bothered in any fashion. I need a full 2 day break.
As it stands now I’ve got nothing going until later this afternoon and that task is pretty quick. I am kind of on standby to see what comes in. Right now it’s pretty calm kind of like yesterday. I like days like this but just hope that it’s not the calm before the storm.
My lazy co-worker seems to be working now and I don’t think I will need to jump in and help with the project. He provided a substantial update about his portion of the work late in the afternoon yesterday, so that’s a good thing.
Here’s hoping it’s a decent weekend for all of us. Relax, enjoy because Monday will be knocking again way too soon. Happy Friday! Be safe and take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment