25 April 2023

Tuesday

The Amazon folks have been busy at my door.  I got all of my orders a point in time that I always look forward to.  I like to take a break and not order anything but circumstances are not permitting that at the moment. 

I ordered a WIFI Range Extender for the one camera that covers the garage it’s got 1 bar and a very weak signal.  Turns out what I ordered won’t work with my present setup.  I did my homework ahead of time and everything I found on-line said it would work but nope.  I did get it working for like 5 minutes but then it stopped.  I’ve been fighting with it all day long and I finally give up and am shipping it back.  I hate returns but this isn’t a cost that I can eat. 

I ordered a replacement unit that will for sure work with my system and it will be here on Thursday.  I hope that I don’t have to devote another entire day to this.  I am eager to get a better signal broadcasting so I can rest easier that the cam by the garage won’t miss anything. 

I got the spare battery's and the charger, that damn thing is like an express charger.  I dropped them in at lunch and both are damn near done charging.  Whereas with the plug in USB adapter they provide it takes at least 8 hours to fully charge.  I’m leaving them charging so I will be ready when it’s time to swap. 

Morea got sick last night and I knew something was up when she wouldn’t come to bed.  I took time at lunch and brushed her while I was on a call.  Damn I got off some serious fur from her.  She sheds like no tomorrow.  She also grooms her brother and he grooms her.  However, she is the one who the fur seems to affect.  She seems to feel better today and is playing and wants attention.  I hope that I can keep her happy.  The last thing I want is a sick cat.  Too many years of that and youth is on their sides I want them to live and be free enjoy live while they can.  They seem to do that pretty well.  Chasing each other throughout the house as soon as I am in the basement.  They do it sometimes when I am upstairs but for the most part it’s something they like to do when they are alone and I am fine with that so long as no one gets hurt. 

I don’t feel the greatest but I’m pressing on.  Today’s been a light day and I honestly have tried to not focus too much on work.  Tomorrow will be a busier day and not one that I look forward to.

My mind is like scrambled eggs.  Between trying to take care of myself, the cats and then work issues and trying to get the dumb range extender configured I feel bad.  In the process of it I found a dead baby mouse and it had been there for quite sometime.  Yuk.  I imagine that I will find them now and then.  I am not in the network closet (which is where it was) that often.  I don’t like surprises like that at all. 

I tested out the case I got for my car remote and yup if the remote is in the case the car doesn’t see it at all.  Just what I wanted and it actually works. 

Looking forward to what I hope is a relaxing evening.  Reheating some pizza, watching TV and playing with the cats.  Let’s hope work doesn’t get in the way!

Hope today was a good one for you.  Talk with you all again soon, be well. 

No comments: