06 April 2023

Calmer

Welcome to Thursday a way calmer day than Wednesday, at least for me at the present moment. 

I was so focused on food last night that it wasn’t until I was headed to bed that I realized I forgot to take my allergy meds, I wondered why my nose was bothering me so much.  Apparently in that bit of confusion I managed to skip taking my sleeping pills. 

It was a rough night.  Tough to sleep and when I did I had nothing but bad dreams and they were a bit strange.  Thankfully Rudy & Morea were around to comfort me.  I remember Rudy climbing on top of me and just purring away.  That helped to lull me to sleep.  He’s fascinated by my Amazon Echo.  He hears it talk and just stares at it then he wants to go paw it up.  I can make it meow like a cat which gets both his and his sisters attention.  I’ve done it a couple times once for fun and another time to break up a fight. 

I saw the new Monique comedy special on Netflix.  It was good and I didn’t fall asleep at all.  Despite working my fingers to the bone yesterday somehow it’s like after supper I got my second wind.  I didn’t follow my usual routines and that’s how I got off track with my allergy medicine. 

Today feels a bit odd like I went from yesterday being Monday and today being Thursday.  It doesn’t feel right but the week is for sure moving. 

The temperatures dropped and I had to turn the heat back on before I went to bed, otherwise we would have all been cold this morning.  I can’t help but think of Gator and how she would climb under the covers when she got cold, she hated it.  However, it was so cute.  None of the other cats in her family did that and Morea & Rudy don’t do that either.  It was a unique Gator trait that she discovered when she was younger and it stuck with her.  I guess she got warm. 

Were headed for a warm up as we get closer to Monday but for now it’s cold. 

Saturday is going to be my Sunday because the grocery store is closed.  I plan to try to sleep in on Sunday if my body and the cats will permit it.  Sleep sounds so good right now considering I was a bit deprived of it last night.  I’m also oddly hungry for a Philly Cheesesteak and I got that craving yesterday. 

Not much else to ramble on about at the moment.  Looking forward to taking a break in a while and heading upstairs to eat a couple of small oranges and see the cats.  They hate it that I am down here and they are upstairs.  If I am down here too long they will start crying found that one out on Friday last week when I had to work a longer evening to take care of some work. 

At the moment only 1 meeting on my calendar and that is for tomorrow.  I hope that is the only meeting I have to go to all week, it will be by far the least meetings I have attended in a week in a very long time and it’s so welcome. 

I hope that the week is moving along well for you and that all is going swimmingly.  Take care and be well, we will talk again soon. 

No comments: