Not exactly like I need this but turns out there is still water in the bottom of the salt holding tank. I ran 2 recharges w/o salt to see how it would preform. Looks like I need a new Brine Valve Assembly. This is a essentially a float but it does release some water into the tank. When I fixed the softener temporarily before I got into the plumbing thing it was by fiddling with this very part. It looks to be sticking and I’ve already taken it apart and tried to clean it but apparently that didn’t work.
Thanks to Amazon I was able to order the part but it isn’t scheduled to be here until some time next week. I didn’t want to go down this rabbit hole but considering I am trying to fix this damn thing on my own I didn’t want to give up and walk away. Considering how far I’ve come. I’ve got to hook up the shop vac and suck the water out so it will have plenty of time to dry out. It straight forward to install it’s a matter of unhooking a hose and removing the old part, then running the hose for the replacement part and hooking that up. Then your all set. Plug it back in, do a test recharge to see what happens. The results should be vastly different and then I should be able to add salt. If not then at that point I will give up and stay on city water. It’s not worth continuing to fight with. I may change my mind and still forge forward just based on the simple point of wanting to get this fixed but I highly doubt it. I think at that point it would be more cost effective to buy a new softener and that for sure isn’t something I really want to do.
The replacement part costs $73 so all things considered the repair is still cheap but it’s starting to get up there in price. Not to mention my time and patience. I’d like to take back the unused parts to the hardware store I went to but time is running out and I don’t know how much of a fight I would have. Better to keep them and set them aside for now. I had already planned to eat the $41 I just wished that I would have been able to find something on Amazon so I didn’t have to waste that. The actual parts that I need seem reasonable on Amazon.
I’d also never think that I would see the day that I started to do plumbing work much less that Sears’ retail stores would all close up. I’ll keep you updated as this progresses lets hope this last part does the trick and I can add the salt and walk the hell away from this time sucking money draining machine.
On a different note remember the waiter at Cracker Barrel? Well I thought I got his last name from some web sleuthing. He’s mostly like a ghost online but, I found an Instagram account for him but he hasn’t used it in years. There are photos from when he was in High School and based on my rough guessing from when he graduated to today he’s probably 23-25. That is kind of what I thought looking at him but yet I am still a very poor judge of age. With the Instagram account came a Snapchat screen name and that’s how the kids communicate today. I registered for an account and looked up his snap account it’s for sure him. I didn’t add him as a friend and I don’t really want to get involved in snapchat, I think it’s the devil. I would like to see his posts just out of sheer curiosity. I haven’t heard from him ever and I’ve pretty well given up on him. It still hurts but I really wish that he would have followed through. The whole thing boggles my mind. I mean he went into great detail to tell me where he lived, short of giving me his actual address and I thought for sure it was a sign that he was flirting. When I asked if he would like to get together sometime he was so excited he gave me the wrong number. I wonder if that was really an accident but I know I’ve got his correct # because I tested him on it. The # in question isn’t registered to him it’s in a different persons name that happens to be a female, which makes me wonder if he’s married or has a girlfriend at the very least. In any case if he would call me today I’d still go through with meeting him but I don’t know that I would want to get involved but we could be friends. Yeah looking at him my eyes tell me I want more but I’ve always said I want to meet someone and get to know them, then we can venture into the bedroom if that happens to be a mutual thing. It’s just cruel to tell someone regardless of who it is or what they look like that your interested but in reality you have no intentions of following through. I don’t get the playing games especially when it comes to someone’s heart strings. I mean some folks can turn psyco on you pretty quick. I’m sure reading this you probably think I’m describing myself but I am not as nothing good can come from that and I’m not throwing my life away for some waiter. I still want to call him out and that might happen but for the most part I try to operate with the out of sight out of mind approach. He’s clearly not worth my time. However, I do like to vet guys and make sure that I’m picking someone decent. His actions already tell me all I need to know. When someone tells you (or shows you) who they really are, believe them don’t question it.
I’m still on the dating app and have had a couple nibbles but they fizzle out pretty quickly. I’ve not yet parted with any money and I’m just as surprised as you are that is the case. I’ve kind of thrown a small sum away on dating apps in the past so I am not eager to go sign up to unlock this feature with the promise that I could potentially meet someone. I think I have a better chance of getting a smile from a stranger than I do of actually meeting someone. I think the real way that I will meet someone is to get involved in a group (at least that is what others have told me more than once) and then I will meet people and manage to stumble on that special someone. However, the pandemic kind of changed the groups I was going to join they don’t seem to be around now.
Well off to tidy up some loose ends and then I will probably take care of this messy clean up with the water. After that it’s up to see the cats, eat some dinner, cool off and call it a day.
Be well and I will talk with you all again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment