Wednesday is done and that’s a good thing. I tried to eat dinner last night and got interrupted just as I was about to dive into my food. Damn call forwarding. It was something quick but still I didn’t want to work anymore it was 5p and I put in a full day as it was plus I wasn’t on call. However, I took care of the issue and managed to eat even though my food was starting to cool off.
The house was 81 degrees but I resisted for as long as I could with no AC and just before bed, I turned it on for about an hour, that helped. However, it was still hot & humid when I woke up this morning despite being 65 degrees outside. My house holds heat which is great for winter but not when you want to cool down. I wish I had an attic fan, that would take care of the humidity in a flash but man it probably would scare the cats.
My insomnia kicked in last night probably due to the nap that I took at lunch time. I watched some TV and then Rudy helped me get back to sleep. Damn him if he didn’t wake me up just after I fell asleep. I guess I was snoring and it was bothering him. However, I fell back asleep.
Thursday hasn’t exactly kicked off quietly for me but it can always be worse. Work is easy today. No dumb meetings and I’ve taken care of all of my tasks for the day. I’m just waiting for something to roll in. I’ve already gone out of my way to look for work and helped 1 person. I bask and enjoy the down time because it won’t be that much longer and I will be busy and pulling my hair out.
This jobs work is much like an ocean tide. It comes in waves. It goes from calm to rocky in the blink of an eye but most days you can forecast ahead of time but there are surprises now and then. The down time does make for a long day but it beats pulling your hair out. I mean it’s work so there is no totally pleasing me. The only way that happens is if I get to do what I want w/o having to watch email or my phone. Then I’d be a very happy man and probably run not walk away from all of this.
My Ring cameras are on the way, of course the Amazon person is going to drop them off. They will be delivered tomorrow. The spare batteries and charger aren’t scheduled to be delivered until next Tuesday, which I guess is okay. As long as the weather cooperates and I feel up to it, I should be able to get them installed this weekend. I’ve got the app installed on my phone and created my account which was a little more complicated than it should have been. The damn thing kept arguing over the 2FA code. I was entering what it sent but it kept telling me that it wasn’t valid. For fear that there would be problems again in the future I switched to a 2FA app, which is more secure and I like better than getting a text message.
I ordered the Black Wolf Sonic Scrubber while I was spending money yesterday. I am eager for that to arrive and to try it out. I never ever heard of this company but I did buy a couple of their products to accompany the scrubber. Here’s hoping I’m not allergic to them since my skin is sensitive and picky about what chemicals including soap that it will tolerate. I imagine that this will show up in a couple weeks but they may surprise me.
I am tired as you might imagine and ready for a nap. That is a trap and I am hoping not to fall in but it’s tough to resist. I didn’t get my orange break yesterday so I have that to look forward to here in a bit and if I get enough energy going maybe I can snap out of my sleepy spell but I am more apt to just give in. It feels so good and if I get a cat in my lap or laying on me it’s really tough not to stay awake, especially if it’s Mora and her Motor that thing is loud. Rudy’s is soft and you have to really listen to hear it.
No real set plans for Saturday which I am looking forward to. I’d like to go back to that good place I went to a while back that was in the middle of no where so I can get some Sea Bass that sounds good. Kind of depends on the weather and my mood.
Need to get the trash out today and we have bad weather coming might be another Tornado afternoon/evening but I hope not. Rain or storms is one thing but severe weather I would just as soon pass.
Hope all is well in your world. Take care and I will talk with you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment