It was a stormy night, lots of winds. The power flickered a few times. The cats got scared but we never lost power and eventually the storm passed. The internet was out and it didn’t come back to life until 4a. Thank God I can use my phone as a hotspot. That’s how I was able to stream content to watch to pass time.
I wore my unlucky shirt yesterday and damn if I didn’t make a colossal mistake. After a person leaves there is a team who combs through their mailboxes and files away anything that needs to be kept, then they tell me they are done and I get to shut the account back down and delete the mailbox. I always wait a few days before deleting because I’ve been caught before by last minute requests where something was needed but the mailbox was gone. The team that gives me the names of the people always just throws last names at me. I’m just setting the stage here, to be clear this was my mistake and I don’t blame anyone but myself. I got this common last name and I did some quick research and managed to shutdown the wrong person. It was about a 1/2 hour after the fact when the person started screaming and my team got notified about it. Holy fuck balls. I jumped on that fast. I got everything turned back on but we have a large network and the systems take time to talk to each other. I called the person right away and told them what happened and that it was my fault. Thankfully they were very understanding and within 20 minutes most everything was back working so they could resume productivity. I apologized and felt really dumb. I’ve not made this mistake before. I called my boss and chatted with him to find out if it would be my last day and he told me we all make dumb mistakes. I wish I hadn’t put that stupid unlucky shirt on. It is so comfy but I call it my unlucky shirt because every time I wear it something bad happens, be it personally or professionally.
I’m sure your probably waiting for the April fools tag line but nope it’s all true sad to say. At least I didn’t get in any trouble and my boss was understanding. Typically things like that can be career ending moves.
Saturday. I had 3 packages to go back to Amazon and I managed to get up and get moving to get them dropped off. Picked up the mail and then I opted to grab a pizza. I was hoping to see the hot waiter I talk with but he wasn’t there and I didn’t ask about him. I got a pizza that tasted great until you got to the crust and it was all raw dough. I don’t know how they manage to do that. I asked for it well done which means extra cook time and you’d think that would prevent anything from being raw but nope. I am over raw dough with pizza. It will be a very long time before I go back, if at all. The hot waiter is straight but still he’s nice to look at. However, it’s not worth getting salmonella over. Sad part is the crust is typically not a part of the pizza I enjoy but on a deep dish pizza it’s the best and I look forward to it. I didn’t complain because the last time I did I wound up getting a super hot pizza that still had raw dough and they only took $5 off of my bill.
It’s a windy day and as I left I saw shingles in my subdivision on the road. I’ve checked what I can thus far of my roof and all appears well. I will get a better look at things tomorrow.
I’ve had a couple naps today and spent a lot of time with the cats. In fact Morea is on my bed right now sleeping. Rudy is at my feet and I’m sitting in my chair in my room. There isn’t much of anything interesting to watch but still I search. Kind of like going to the fridge opening it up seeing there isn’t anything there that you want. Closing the door and then repeating the process in 30 minutes with the hopes that something would have changed. It doesn’t work that way.
Looking forward to eating breakfast out tomorrow morning. I haven’t yet decided on what to get but I will make that decision in a bit. I like to walk in prepared and ready to go. I don’t look forward the grocery store and since I am off on Monday & Tuesday I can put it off but I will probably will just go and get it over with. I need to hit up the pet food store. Then if I am going to try this new restaurant tomorrow would be the day to do that sine they are closed on Monday.
I did get a nice case off Amazon for my pens. There is a divider so I put one section for all Mont Blanc and the other 1/2 for everything else. Just like with gay porn I can’t believe how much money I have tied up in writing instruments. I want more and I am actively looking. It’s not that I need any more. I’ve got enough ink and pens to last easily a lifetime but I like to change things up. I’m primarily a rollerball guy but I have a few fountain pens and I am starting to go down that rabbit hole. Hobbies or Interests can be expensive.
Ah I almost forgot I got a like on the dating app last night. I think it was a bot. He asked me how long I’ve been on the app and what type of relationship I was interested in. I spell out what I am interested in on my profile. Still I matched with him and answered him back. Ever since its been nothing but crickets. That kind of goes more to my theory that it was a bot but perhaps it was a real person. I have run out of guys based on my interest and I’ve changed up the age range a bit as well as distance. I’m still playing the game but damn this whole dating thing sucks horribly.
I hope all is well for you. I’m charging up the laptop to be ready for my on-call shift next week. That’s all I have at the moment, off to cyberspace to see what I can find and then back to surfing for content on the TV. At least SNL is on later tonight so I have that to look forward. Take care and I will talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment