19 April 2023

Smile for the camera

I went to the office yesterday and it was enjoyable but depleted my energy level.  When I got home I just crashed from exhaustion.  Thinking about going back to 3 to even 5 days a week and I think I would just be worthless after a couple days.  I don’t see how my energy level would keep up but I suppose my body would adjust or so I hope.  Anyway right now I got my 1 day out of the way and that is all that matters to me. 

I chatted with a friend that happened to be in and we got on the security camera discussion.  He suggested Ring.  He showed me his setup from his phone and said to go for the $100 a year subscription it will keep all of the video you need and considering it covers all of the Ring cameras at your house it’s kind of a steal. 

This morning I bought in and ordered 2 battery operated spotlight cameras.  I was going to go all in and get 4 or 5 but something told me start small and build from there.  I got 2 additional batteries and a charger so I can hot swap when needed.  If I ordered off of Amazon they would deliver them to me today.  However I went through the Ring website and right now they are supposed to arrive by Saturday with no charge shipping. 

I want to see how easy it is to set them up and mounting them will be another factor.  I plan to put one by the front door and the other by the garage.  Then just see how they preform if all goes well then I will add more.  I’m all about the battery and not much for wires.  The person I was speaking with told me they make kits to retrofit over existing outdoor wiring but I would just as soon not mess with that.  I am going with keeping it simple. 

I will let you know what I think.  I hope this turns out to be a positive experience.  The cameras themselves aren’t cheap but it beats hiring a firm to install them for you and then pay for a monthly subscription.  I hope this turns out to be worthwhile and useful.  I’m sure just like the cat cameras I will wonder what I ever did without them. 

Speaking of the cat cameras.  I looked for the cats yesterday on both cameras and couldn’t find them at all.  Makes me want to add more cameras inside.  I knew they were here and safe.  They were both waiting for me when I walked in the house and they were just as happy to see me as I was to see them. 

That is about the excitement for here today.  I have a meeting in about an hour to go to that I will dread.  Then I’ve got a couple of late tasks to take care of that will keep me.  Then we move on to Thursday and Friday where it should be all down hill and easy or so I hope. 

Had fish for supper last night it was okay.  I always think of my colleague that passed suddenly last year when I eat that meal.  I was eating the same thing when I got the notification that he passed.  Kind of odd that a specific TV Dinner makes me think of him.  I’ve got no idea what I will have tonight but I can say with a great certainty that it will come from the freezer. 

Happy hump day, hope things are going well for you.  Take care and we will talk again soon. 

No comments: