14 April 2023

Sunshine & Friday

Hello and welcome back, I hope you are doing well.  It sounds like one of the greatest things ever Sunshine on a Friday.  There are several things I can think of that would enhance this.  One of which we don’t get as adults and that’s Summer Break.  Sure we can go on vacation but work still keeps on going and if your anything like me you come back to a pile of work and play catchup, that’s not nearly as fun as a Summer Break where when you come back everyone starts over on a level playing field.  Ah well Momma told me there would be days like this. 

Unless someone needs something I am done until 2p when I should attend a BS meeting to meet some new vendor team which I really don’t want to.  I’ve got someone leaving later this afternoon and then I am really done. 

My dick co-worker has asked for someone to either cover part of his on-call or swap weeks with him because he needs to go to a Bachelor Party for a college friend.  Well Normally I would jump and help him but not now, he’s on his own.  He’s also got the patching weekend so if you swap with him that means getting up super early on Sunday and I am for sure not signing up for that.  What I believe will happen is the boss will wind up covering for him on the 2 days he needs, one of which is a Friday.  I hate when the boss is on-call because it means were all on-call. 

That’s work in a nutshell for now.  Looking forward to putting that in my rear view mirror.  I will be glad if the day ever arrives that I can just stop working but I don’t know that will happen.  Anyway the weekend is around the corner. 

Speaking of which I’ve got my eye on a new dish at the Breakfast place.  It’s Bread Pudding and normally I wouldn’t hit them up until Sunday but I do think I am going to tomorrow.  I love sweets and this will either be really good or a flop.  It’s one of a handful of new dishes that I need to try.  I’ve got an early haircut and need to get to the post office and UPS store so it should fit right in.  I will probably pass out by noon but hey it should hopefully be a good time or so I hope.  If I feel like it I will also go visit some friends. 

Back at home Rudy has found a new sleeping place on top of my nightstand.  I keep a pillow there it’s for me to hold while I sleep but I don’t use it that often.  Well it’s his new spot to keep me safe at night.  Morea likes to be at the corner of the right foot of the bed and she keeps me safe from down there.  They both wonder away at different times but for the most part they are with me all night. 

I had to get up an hour early today because the bladder said so.  I went back to bed but Rudy did his best to prevent me from getting in bed, getting comfortable and falling back asleep.  However, I still managed to pass out for I think about 20 minutes.  He started washing my hair and tried to paw my face  Persistent if nothing else. 

The other day Rudy wanted to lay down in my bed but my phone was preventing him.  He started trying to cover it up.  I guess he sees me swiping and figured he would try it.  I just picked it up and moved it.  Damn if he didn’t move and do it again.  I held on to the phone and he got comfy.  He gave me a couple of laughs. 

Morea appears to be doing better but I am still watching her.  She still goes and tries to vacuum up any crumbs I manage to leave behind when I am done with a meal.  That combined with her grooming of herself and her brother I think is what is getting her into trouble. 

It’s almost time for my orange break.  Last 2 oranges and then I need to buy a new bag.  They are small things and a bag seems to last about 2 weeks.  I like them cold so I put the whole bag in the fridge. 

Another hot night and were in for yet another hot day again today and tomorrow.  It’s okay until we get into the PM hour after 5 and I last until between 6 and 7, then that AC has to be ON.  The cats are still amazed by the cold blowing air and sit in front of the vents like something magical is going to happen. 

Hard to believe it’s only been 3 months since they have been here and Gator’s been gone for 4.  Kind of feels like a lifetime ago.  Well both Morea & Rudy won’t be terribly pleased with me because it’s claw trimming time.  I plan to work that in today because I’m tired of getting clawed when they both make biscuits on me.  Rudy makes the most and the fastest.  Morea is an occasional biscuit girl but she loves to stick her claws in most anything.  I suppose it’s a cat thing for security but damn it hurts. 

Happy Friday I hope you have a great weekend and life treats you well.  Off to play and keep an eye on work.  I really want to go up but I know when I do it’s like the kiss of a death because that is when the emails will start coming in.  At least that is the way it normally works and if I try to take a nap it’s 10 x times worse.  Even if I am at lunch. 

Talk with you all again soon!

No comments: