Howdy, hope your enjoying the weekend! As you might gather by the title of this post, it was a decent day for me. My insomnia kicked in about 1:30a and I was up until 4:30a. Then my internal alarm clock woke me up at 6a and I couldn’t go back to sleep. I fought it for 30 minutes and then opted to get up and get moving.
Fed the cats, grabbed a shower. Sinuses were flowing and allergy wise it felt like it would be a bad day. On that aspect of things it was.
On to breakfast had another Banana Waffle with Rum Sauce and a hint of maple. This is what I think contributed to my allergies, it’s so good but I am not having one tomorrow. I’ve taken my nose spray, extra allergy medicine and that didn’t stop it. I just took 1 Benadryl to see if that will have any effect, I sure hope so.
Dropped off my return to go back to Amazon. Then out to see my friends. I got my battery, alternator & starter tested. Everything passed with flying colors. No one seems to know why the battery dropped in voltage. One of my friends says it’s a ghost. I don’t want to part ways with this vehicle, there is a special connection and it’s still in very good shape.
I dropped off my sign and we talked about colors. My goal was to make the house number visible and stand out. I wanted to paint the numbers in hot pink or electric orange. Instead I chose fire truck green. It’s a reflective color and my friend works on fire engines so he actually has the paint. He warned me though that it would be really bright and probably glow in the dark, I said fine the whole purpose was to make it stand out. It won’t match the color of my shutters but hell it’s tempting to take them down and have them paint those to match, that would for sure piss off a bunch of people. If I did take them down I would have them painted a different color. A pretty blue sounds nice.
I came back home, tried to take a nap because I was tired and the cats woke me up. I guess I was snoring. I had just fallen asleep and it was bliss then I was jolted awake with a smack on the face. Not the best way to wake up.
I got dinner out and actually ate at a place where one of my friends brother works at. I concocted a scheme to have some fun. It went off flawlessly. Then I told the guy who I was and he said oh I’ve heard about you. That’s good. Only the 2nd time I ate at this place and damn it was sure good food.
My waiter was a bit on the feminine side and probably gay but hey it didn’t bother me. This hot guy walked in with either a friend or his brother and a parent. Holy cow he had an incredible body and I watched him pretty close. They had the same waiter as me. After he left the table from getting their drink order Mr. Hot Stuff asks the table if he thought the guy was gay and did the limp wrist thing. They picked up on it too. That made me want to make a scene but I opted to keep my mouth shut. What I wanted to do was say I don’t know about the waiter but I can tell you for sure I am gay and damn your hot, can I get your number. However, I’m a poor judge of age and I think he was somewhere between 18 and 22.
Now on to how I have made life interesting for myself. A few years back I opted to buy new locks for the house. We have had the same locks since the day we moved in and my spouse never bothered to change them. What I got was made by Honeywell, the set came with 8 large head keys. I swapped the hardware myself and it serves it’s purpose. However, I have 4 missing keys that I can’t find or account for. Just thinking in terms of how my luck isn’t the greatest it wouldn’t look the best if something happened and I had to say I had 4 missing keys. I am confident they are in the house some place. I tucked them away so good that even I can’t find them. This all started when I wanted to get a spare to carry. I looked on Amazon and the description said comes with 8 keys. I’ve got 2 lockboxes each with a key. I have a key on my full keyring, then a friend has 1 spare. That’s it. That’s 4 keys accounted for.
I really don’t want to change the locks again, first because of the expense and second no set is going to give you that many keys. This was on my mind all week long and I took time yesterday to look around both upstairs and downstairs to see if I could find them and no luck. Last night I pulled the trigger and bought 2 new sets. I’ve got 2 doors so it makes complete sense. However, what I wanted didn’t come in a dual pack. That would mean 2 different keys and I’m not thrilled about it but then I thought about it and it sounded appealing. I picked this particular hardware because of brand name and the fact that Amazon would rush deliver it so it would be here by 11a. Yeah well they dropped the ball and it didn’t show up until 3p. Then instead of sending 2 they sent 1. Man I was pissed. I called and they are sending a replacement and that will be here tomorrow. At this point I was kind of hell bent on returning them.
I went to the local hardware store and man they really don’t have much of a selection. Plus every set only comes with 2 keys. If you buy a keyed alike pack of two locks they give you 4 keys. They were priced slightly cheaper than Amazon but then I got the idea that patience might prove to be the winning aspect here. I didn’t buy anything and walked out. I want to see what Amazon delivers tomorrow. I might luck out and the replacement could be keyed the same as the one I have. I know that is a slim possibility but I looked at the order and it looks like they are sending 2 units just like the original order specified. So I suppose there is a 1 in 2 chance that if they don’t fuck it up I could luck out.
I figured buying replacements would surely cause the missing keys to appear but thus far no luck. I keep looking in the same spot like I expect them to magically appear. The only thing I can think of is that they might be in the safe deposit box but the last time I was there was when I tucked away the hard drive I had with backup data on it. Prior to that it had been several years so I really don’t think they are there. I’m usually so organized and particular. I know where they should be at but they are not there. I hate situations like this because it feels like I am going insane. I don’t like forgetting anything it makes me feel old, it’s also so unlike me. My memory is normally laser focused and I can recall lots of things. I might not be able to tell you what I had for breakfast but I can remember passwords, combinations, pin numbers, how to get to and from work. Plus security is something that is I have a passion for and I can’t just see me just tossing the keys somewhere and saying whatever they will be safe here. I know they will turn up but if that could be sooner rather than later and I could return what I bought without having to change hardware and then go get additional keys made that would be awesome.
On a different note I am looking forward to my next shower. My Black Wolf Sonic Scrubber arrived today. That thing feels so soft and it charged up in no time flat. I hope the charge lasts a while.
My latest discovery tonight was a Mont Blanc Outlet store on the web. They have the pen I want that is selling for close to $500 on Amazon for $90. It looks and sounds too good to be true. There is a lot of fakes when it comes to luxury writing instruments, most particularly Mont Blanc. The fakes are so good you think you’ve got the real thing. I fell for a fake a long time ago. It didn’t take original MB refills and the coating on the pen started to flake off. It looked nice at first but quickly turned into a piece of junk. I found this site on my phone so I plan to take a closer look on my computer but that will have to wait for tomorrow.
I left Morea & Rudy so I could toss in some laundry and update some finances. I also looked for the damn keys and of course download some new porn. I need to get the dishes going and get in bed. Tomorrow is for sure an early start day.
Last but not least I rented Magic Mike’s Last Dance and well it was super lame and I was disappointed. There are some good looking guys and the eye candy was nice but otherwise I thought the plot sucked and the other MM movies were way better. 80 for Brady is next on my list but not sure if I will rush to rent that. I like Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda which is why I want to see it.
Have a good night everyone. I will talk with you again later. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment